Lt. Commander
# 201
12-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0lmustard View Post

NO OFFICIAL WORD FROM PWE/CRYPTIC ABOUT THE MATTER.

Go figure
Expecting Cryptic to do anything, is a waste of energy. I know from first hand experience, that it will not be adressed in a timely manner. Tickets by multiple people, multiple days, multiple times... Nothing

They have no support in game

and to the CM who said the ignore list rolls off. our ignorre list, has no limits......

The solution to the problem will cost them money, and therefore will not be done, Plain and simple. If it costs them, No. if it costs you.. definately.
Lt. Commander
# 202 Devs! Help please!
12-07-2012, 08:57 AM
hey guys!

Ive a major issue....

First of all my PublicEliteSTF channel info thread gets closed despite the fact it was being posted to...

then today i log in and im SILENCED! what gives? I was on this morning 6am GMT and no issues, I wasnt even chatting only with fleet mates and running stf's so I cant imagine me getting silenced over that, plus my chat was working before I logged off.

today I log on and im silenced straight off, 22hours till its lifted.... how am I silenced and I WASNT EVEN ONLINE!!

PLEASE HELP! SORT IT OUT! WHAT GIVES?

Thanks and appreciated...

@wildchild8
Career Officer
# 203
12-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey Wild!

Sounds like a bunch of morons thought it'd be fun to report you (for spamming or something I guess) - unfortunately you're guilty until proven innocent and this is frequently used by griefers on completely innocent individuals (a friend of mine got a 24 hour mute too recently).

Hope you get it resolved!
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lt. Commander
# 204
12-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I am aware of people doing that. But my issue is... I log in and I'm silenced straight off. timers already at 22 hours.... so I was silenced two hours before I even logged on.... how do I get silenced when IM NOT ONLINE....VERY CONFUSING...!
Republic Veteran
# 205
12-11-2012, 06:10 AM
This chat ban stuff really needs to be fixed. I'm losing respect for STO over it as I've been targeted and Zone chat? Just going to turn it completely off. People are wrongfully reported, targeted like it's a game within a game. I really wish Cryptic would fix this. Automated Chat Silencing should NOT get someone banned from the game in ANY eventuality!!!

Will cryptic listen to their community and consider an alternative to wrongful chat bans, wrongful game bans? Will they care to make a change and implement a true report button that actually reports to a human being? What about reporting being left for SERIOUS stuff? Like people telling me to commit suicide? Saying they're @#$%ing my Mom? Not just spam, spam isn't justifiably bannable. The IGNORE feature works for this.

To see you guys make modifications to Season 7 was nice, to see this issue go unchecked for what appears to be months and months? Is to be honest kind of sickening; but I have to cut you guys slack in my mind because it seems you guys try. I just hope that you somehow find a different way to manage this besides auto-banning upon a set parameter. Which seems cold, and reflects poorly on the game too.

I've invested a lot of money into this game and to think I could be chat banned and eventually banned from the game because a bunch of griefers target me? Disappointing.

Last edited by admiralthorr360; 12-11-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 206
12-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Yes, I know gettting silenced really $uck$, but Cryptic will never remove the system. Because it keeps Gold Spammers from entering Zone Chat again.

Since this thread was started I have not used zone or local chat at all and haven't been silenced once, but it maybe because I use 12th Chat, one of the several other chat channels, and/or TeamSpeak 3 more than anything else.

I would say stop using their system and they my improve it, but after saying that I can't stop laughing.
12th-fleet.com
Republic Veteran
# 207
12-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah I'm going to stop using zone chat or reading it, I'll be disabling it completely + local.
Community Moderator
# 208
12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralthorr360 View Post
I've invested a lot of money into this game and to think I could be chat banned and eventually banned from the game because a bunch of griefers target me? Disappointing.
As far as I know, chat bans and forum bans have nothing to do with game bans. You pretty much have to threaten to kill somebody, do something illegal, or something equally villainous to get a game ban.

Chat bans aren't permanent as far as I've heard and they don't affect the forums here. You could be Ignored permanently, but that's on a player-by-player basis.

Repeated infractions on the forums, or serious ones, can get you permabanned here but most people have to work at it. And even then that doesn't automatically result in a game ban.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lieutenant
# 209
12-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
As far as I know, chat bans and forum bans have nothing to do with game bans.9
As far as you know being the important word here. I have not been online enough to really comment on this, but if there is even the slightest truth to what is being said, then PWE should be nominated for single most brain-dead decision ever (though they may get it anyway for implementing the system in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Chat bans aren't permanent as far as I've heard
That isn't the point. The point is your putting the power to mute someone from the entire game in the hands of malcontents and griefers, do you realise the sheer stupidity of that?

Let me give you a scenario I know perfectly well will constantly happen with this system. Imagine a group of RPers are RPing in DS9, no-one else is in that instance and theres plenty of other instances to go to if someone who doesn't like RP stumbles upon them.

Sounds simple enough right? But with this system, heres whats actually going to happen.

Now lets say some guy with some irrational hatred of RP (like a member of Starfleet Dental) comes upon this lot and decides he wants to cause them grief, so what does he do? Before the system, he'd just shout and berate the RPers or spam some annoying flashy thing at them, which could be easily ignored. But now with the system, he can call on his other Rp hating buddies and get them to mass-report the RPers, silencing them from each other for the rest of the day and bringing that RP to a close.

Congratulations, you've killed RP and alienated every RPer in your playerbase (myself included). They dont even have to hate RP, they could do it just because they're angry at something or they could have been aiming for another option and hit the wrong one accidentally.

Hell, they could simply be bored and just done it for the hell of it. Tell me how this is a good idea? From what possible angle does this benefit us? Goldsellers was the last excuse wasn't it? Have you seen ESD Zone? Absolutely no Goldsellers to be seen. Its all debates between idiots, and anyone who isn't interested or wants to just laugh at the stupid people have already turned off Zone.

Which genius thought that this monumental sack of Targ excrement was a good idea? He is clearly unfit for work.
Krovennan Darksabre: Commanding officer of the U.S.S. Blacksabre-E NX-973484-E

I earned my Vet rewards with commitment, not cash.
Community Moderator
# 210
12-12-2012, 06:35 AM
My post was intended to reassure people that they will NOT be banned from playing the game simply because they get silenced in chat, or got an infraction on the forums.

Obviously I can't speak officially because I am not a Dev or even a PWE employee, but I have enough knowledge of how the forums work and what we've been publicly told here on the forums that I can say there's no such thing as getting booted from the game because of something somebody else did.

I can also say with a high degree of confidence that game accounts don't get blown away on a whim, and that anybody who does get a game ban probably worked hard at getting one.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek