Rihannsu
# 291
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
it takes ten people to silence someone, chances are you were either trolled by a group attack or you said something to piss off a lot of people.

The "Report Spam" function is there to stop goldspammers, if a GM had to check on every one of those, it would be a lot more work for the GMs, and it would take much longer for them to stop the spammers, so it's an automatic function. You can contest a silencing by filing a GM ticket, but it's probably easier to just wait it out.

Don't just report spam other people to get back at them, it'll only result in them reciprocating, and besides, if a GM does look at it, and find that the reporting was malicious, the reporters can get an infraction.
Lt. Commander
# 292
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Unfortunately your more likely a victim of in game trolling/bullying rather than because you did anything wrong per se.
Unless you were there when it happened, you don't know that. It is also possible he repeated some annoying message over and over or was just trolling the zone chat and got ignored or reported by a lot of people.
Career Officer
# 293
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
Unless you were there when it happened, you don't know that. It is also possible he repeated some annoying message over and over or was just trolling the zone chat and got ignored or reported by a lot of people.
As I said, I linked 2 Boxed Ships in Chat....nothing else.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Kudos Dan, Kudos.
Lieutenant
# 294
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
I am the victim of this 'system'. Obviously this is an ongoing problem...thanks for listening Cryptic, thanks for doing something about it cryptic
Lieutenant
# 295
02-06-2013, 09:07 PM
This is rididulous. This also blocks ALL email, I've missed messages because of this I come to find out. The people who sent you email are not even notified their message was not delivered, so they're left thinking you are ignoring them....nice. I have no doubt this feature has it's benefits, but it's POORLY designed. Is it really that difficult to exclude fleet chat and email?? PLease do this, then it would be more acceptable, even in the instances where someone get's trolled with it.
Commander
# 296 Mod Please Help
02-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Hello, I just now received a 24 hour chat ban. it had to have been automatic for spam.
I was using a keybind that types my current target into chat while playing an STF with my fleet mates. I targeted the same thing 'n was immediately silenced. ((
Can you please help me out here?
I've received chat ban's before and really am careful not to do anything to warrant another. This game ist near as much fun if you cant talk with your friends.
My handle in game is @lake1771 'n I was playing under Tarketh Darkmount@lake1771 at the time. Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.
Commander
# 297
02-07-2013, 03:20 PM
how very disappointing..
Commander
# 298
02-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursix View Post
Question for the OP; did you speak at all in zone/local chat before that? If not, it really is a serious problem that Cryptic isn't even doing an automatic check of "Did this person even TALK?" before taking action.

Yes i'd been on for a few hours previous to this. There had been no conflict or anything else as far as I was aware of. I did put 'WTB Masterkeys' in zone chat a couple of times but it was few and spaced out over some time.
The ban occurred during an STF run with my fleetmates,
It had to be automatic, though I do believe there are abuses of the report feature going on as well. Namely, those from differing trade , conglomerates, if you will. vying for purchase power in esd and other zone chats.
I.E. Someone is trying to buy masterkeys at bargain, between 1 and 1.2 million for resale on exchange, others mass report this person for spam so that they are muted, then take his place in zone chat looking for key sellers.

I was using Hilbert's space keybind, this makes it so that pressing the 't' key puts your current target into the team chat window.
I was coordinating the attack on the final gate 'n had been all along.
One of the players kept targeting probes, just to rib me really, which was fine, I would flood 'target > gateway' pressing 't' quickly 3 or 4 times. we would 'lol' and continue our decimation of the borg fleet. Apparently 5 times when we switched to the gateway was what did it. I was immediately silenced and furthermore absolutely demoralized. Way to kill the fun, auto ban. We were having a good time 'n there was nothing untoward going on.
Still banned. .. 22.5 hours er so to go. really sux. bout to go play lotro or eve instead.
Commander
# 299
02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
You know, regardless of my situation, or many others, by the looks of it.
You have a serious situation brewing with the auto ban system.

There are a number of Fleets actually implementing this right now or planning on doing it in the frenzy over the bug ships re-release.
There are groups of people that have these instant, player controlled banhammers coordinated and planned out in order to maximize their purchasing power in various trade and zone chats.
Its a terrible policy for any mmo, one that I would certainly hope the star trek genre wouldn't be subject to. It is however, undenialbly effective under the right circumstances. and undeniably not working as intended.
This need addressed as soon as possible.
Commander
There are fleets and Traders, namely buyers and sellers of Masterkeys in zone and trade chats, practicing regular and rampant abuse of this ingame silencing system.
Someones buying keys in zone? ten reports 'n bAm, silenced. no competition.
Its happening more and more.
This is a serious issue that needs addressed.

I posted One time in esd ten minutes ago, WTB Master Keys, 'n was immediately silenced. Just once.
These people should lose their ability to report if you're not going to actually fix the system itself.