Career Officer
# 381
04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
I'm over it; something needs to be done about the auto-silencing system.

Any of you people willing to step up and test what the thresholds are to the system are, please PM me in game or here. let me know. I will share the results with everyone.

Enough is enough.
what is it you plan to do?
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Survivor of Romulus
# 382
04-02-2013, 10:05 AM
i got put on Silence to day for inboxing a fleet member telling him to look up elite mission guides on fleet web site. because he never done elite before and nearly messed up optional on cse. guess he turned chat off and rest of us did not no before going in mission. any way i demoted him 3 ranks for it n put wot he did on officer comments he will be lucky to be in the fleet once i let a leader know.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Community Moderator
# 383
04-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintisho View Post
PWE -- Proffit wins everything.. they need to give rights back to a REAL company, atari, cryptic, somebody?? PWE has had too much success, maybe its boycot and spam time, they obviously want money, but dont like it enough to provide any quality of service or use logic or reason in maintaining this cash cow.. They do not deserve to have any part of any star trek game, story or flame post...
Uh you realize Atari owned Cryptic before PWE and it's why we had a year of barely any updates, and so fourth?

PWE has put A LOT of money and resources into Cryptic Studios, STO in general, to get them to where they are now. You may not like the fact they want money, but so does ANY business and I'm very happy they purchased CS from Atari. It's flourishing because of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
i got put on Silence to day for inboxing a fleet member telling him to look up elite mission guides on fleet web site. because he never done elite before and nearly messed up optional on cse. guess he turned chat off and rest of us did not no before going in mission. any way i demoted him 3 ranks for it n put wot he did on officer comments he will be lucky to be in the fleet once i let a leader know.
You can't be put on silence with 1 person being upset. It takes a few more than just 1 person/report.

However, If you feel you were unfairly chat banned, File a ticket. Sure they might not be able to do anything about your 24hr ban, BUT if it really is the same group of people that continually do it after awhile the reports will reflect that and actions will be taken against them (Because as we all know, abusing any system is against the rules too )
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Survivor of Romulus
# 384
04-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Uh you realize Atari owned Cryptic before PWE and it's why we had a year of barely any updates, and so fourth?

PWE has put A LOT of money and resources into Cryptic Studios, STO in general, to get them to where they are now. You may not like the fact they want money, but so does ANY business and I'm very happy they purchased CS from Atari. It's flourishing because of them!

You can't be put on silence with 1 person being upset. It takes a few more than just 1 person/report.

However, If you feel you were unfairly chat banned, File a ticket. Sure they might not be able to do anything about your 24hr ban, BUT if it really is the same group of people that continually do it after awhile the reports will reflect that and actions will be taken against them (Because as we all know, abusing any system is against the rules too )
i only sent one mail today + other team mates ive known for a mths and i was chatting away just fine before i sent pug fleet member mail then went back to fleet chat after i made a coffee to find i had been silenced. so probs a new bug in report spam we all know how bugs dont happen in sto. i did file a ticket on this subject.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Captain
# 385
04-02-2013, 10:55 AM
The obvious solution to getting this changed is to make it into an actual issue: Form a group for this and just indiscriminately ban everyone. Clearly nothing will be done unless an object lesson occurs.
Community Moderator
# 386
04-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
The obvious solution to getting this changed is to make it into an actual issue: Form a group for this and just indiscriminately ban everyone. Clearly nothing will be done unless an object lesson occurs.
This would be a clear form of harassment and said users involved would ultimately be in serious trouble. Just fair warning.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 387
04-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
This would be a clear form of harassment and said users involved would ultimately be in serious trouble. Just fair warning.
If I may present a hypothesis: all it takes for a player to be silenced would be, lets say, 5 other players. Now, if that group of 5 players can remain off the in game chat but the 'targeted player' starts chatting up the place, would it be possible, in theory, for the victim to NEVER see the people who are responsible for the chat ban?
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Rihannsu
# 388
04-02-2013, 03:13 PM
no, That might keep the player from knowing who reported them, but supposedly, not the GMs. This came up a while back, a lot of people were report spamming random players, and one of the GMs came out and said that if you file a ticket about being reported unfairly, they can see who reported you and potentially take action against them.

I know a lot of people here are complaining that they don't do that enough, but I think if someone made a concerted effort to attack people, they would notice.
Captain
# 389
04-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Wouldn't even really be harassment: Since merely /ignoring an offending player has exactly the same effect as reporting them, and you can't tell people who they can and cannot ignore, there would be no harassment or false reporting. There is no rule against who I can ignore: I can ignore anyone for any reason, such as the fact that I simply don't like his name and don't want to see it on my chat window anymore...and this has exactly the same effect as reporting them for spamming. This is part of the problem: That you don't actually NEED to be abusing the report system to get someone silenced.

Last edited by doffingcomrade; 04-02-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 390
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
if report spam was taken away n there was just ignore left there there could add a screen message <name> has put u on ignore. then grefers would soon learn that players wont take there crap and people that just tryed to be helpfull would not be silenced because there tryed giving good advice on the to how do e,g cse
Say No to ARK