Ensign
# 481
05-25-2013, 08:19 PM
I'd like to see some official clarification on this. I was silenced - yet again - for writing in zone chat. None of my writing could be conceivably seen as "spam" unless you consider all zone chat conversations to be spam, in which case you might as well turn it off.

This makes managing a fleet rather difficult. I'd like to see some resolution to this problem.
Ensign
Someone abused the "Report Spam" feature to trick the game into placing a 24 hour mute on my account. Now, I'm not going to flip my sh*t about such a trivial thing, but I do want to report the malcontent and the all of the support pages are returning "not redirecting properly" errors for me (I checked my end for faults and found none).

Would anyone kindly point me to a GM/dev/whoever I should talk to about this? I'm not sure who to ask.
Rihannsu
# 483
05-28-2013, 07:54 PM
and ppl talk about a vote to kick getting abused.........

but you will have to make a GM ticket in game and wait about 3 or more hours for one to remove it
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Commander
# 484
05-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
and ppl talk about a vote to kick getting abused.........
You're not even the slightest bit suspicious that the OP deserved it?
Lt. Commander
# 485
05-28-2013, 08:03 PM
I've been Report-Spammed before and requested help from a GM. They don't help. Whether you're guilty or not, you're going to have to suck this one up.
Starfleet Veteran
# 486
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
This is an age old issue with no resolution in site. Typically this happens to people who have the "audacity" to attempt recruiting for their fleet in local, but it can happen to anyone who speaks in a zone. Just takes enough people to hit report spam. They should probably take that option away and just leave the ignore player option.
Career Officer
# 487
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalregar View Post
Someone abused the "Report Spam" feature to trick the game into placing a 24 hour mute on my account. Now, I'm not going to flip my sh*t about such a trivial thing, but I do want to report the malcontent and the all of the support pages are returning "not redirecting properly" errors for me (I checked my end for faults and found none).

Would anyone kindly point me to a GM/dev/whoever I should talk to about this? I'm not sure who to ask.
With the redirect issue you'll need to email support. Hope you have better luck actually getting them to understand your issue Branflakes has posted info here : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=267893 .

That said, you're not likely to get a response from Support back before the chat ban wears off on its own. And as for getting them to actually fix your account settings so it can login to the support website, I only hope other people have better luck than I did.
Survivor of Remus
# 488
05-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonunderscore View Post
I've been Report-Spammed before and requested help from a GM. They don't help. Whether you're guilty or not, you're going to have to suck this one up.
Because there are fleets who exist to abuse this feature. Hey this guy was in an STF he said Hi. Mute him. This guy ruined my pvp match by saying, stop spamming, mute him.

Its abused constantly.

And honestly, don't even bother to contact GMs about it. It will take them 2 weeks to respond, and they will respond with like "We can not unmute you ur mute will end in 24 hours"
Rihannsu
# 489
05-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millimidget View Post
You're not even the slightest bit suspicious that the OP deserved it?
nope because I had it dun to me for sending out my fleet add one time then some one want to call it spam then I tell them what spam is and well I had to get in touch with a GM
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 490
05-28-2013, 08:12 PM
I've been accidentally spam reported by fleetmates several times. Every time I send a fleet mail out I run the risk of a 24-hour ban if too many accidentally hit the wrong button (we have ~60 members on each day).

The report spam threshold seems quite low and easy to mistake.

There are also reports of players getting banned from the game for mentioning a certain cash-for-ec company.