Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
I'd like to get the fleet version of the newly introduced refit assault cruiser, otherwise the UFP has not really a competitive high-hulled cruiser with an acceptable turn rate and cumparable tactical officer abilities.

Let's cumpare:

Fleet Neghwar --> 42.900 Hull / 1.1 Shields / 9 Turn Rate / LC Tac, Lt Tac, Lt Uni, Cmdr Eng, Ens Eng / 5 Eng 3 Tac 2 Sci Cunsoles / +10 Weapons +10 Engines / Special: Cloak, Dual Cannons

Fleet Regent (Hypo) --> 42.900 Hull / 1.1 Shields / 7 Turn Rate / / LC Tac, Lt Uni, Ens Tac, Cmdr Eng, Lt Eng / 5 Eng 3 Tac 2 Sci Cunsoles / +10 Weapons +5 Shields +5 Aux / Special: Riker Maneuver, Wide Angle Quantum Torp

In total, the Neghwar still remains a bit strunger than the Regent (much better turn rate, butt also specials are overall more advantageous in battle), butt it would be almeowst an on-par ship. Right now, the Regent has 10% less hull and shields, as well as one engi cunsole less, which basically makes it heavily underpowered.

The Fleet Galaxy Class is the only available high-hull cruiser for the UFP which heavily lacks turn rate, has only 1.1K more base hull and is more science-orientated with the 3rd sci cunsole in favor of only 2 tac cunsoles and of course no dual cannon or cloak ability (Dreadnought would have them, butt there is no Fleet Dreadnought available).

What do you think? Don't you think it's necessary to be able to choose from a wider variety of high-hull fleet cruisers in the UFP? Meow, please post your opinions.

~ Meawz
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-15-2012, 02:14 AM
It?s an Assault cruiser the fleet version really needs 4 Tac. The 5 eng should be saved for the Fleet Star Crusier.
Captain
# 3
09-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Or we could just go with this one which will likely be the one:

http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Assault_Cruiser_Refit
Captain
# 4
09-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post

One Tac console more is just ok for a Fleet version.

I could live with that, but i am afraid they will change it, so every other crusier looks like
a pink unicorn with skirt and rainbows compared to it.

Live long and prosper.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Meowz, there already is a Fleet Star Cruiser. It would be quite easy to create a Fleet Assault Cruiser based on the Sovereign or the Regent ... they would make a lot of munny with this addition, lots of people would buy it.
Career Officer
# 6
09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
The Regent originally WAS the Fleet Assault Cruiser BEFORE Season 6 went live. It was removed from the Fleet tabs and turned into a C-Store ship. Anyone who was on TTS during the initial Starbase rollout will remember that. As for them adding a Assault Cruiser that can stand stat for stat with the KDF varients I do not see that occuring. One of the main rewards of unlocking the KDF were Burlier ships to use. There faction was supposed to be an advanced faction to unlock and I am sure with the low KDF numbers they will keep it that way to get people to go onto that side.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 7
09-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post

I hate the whole 'leave off one type of station but add a Universal' thing. But if that's a must, I would make the Boff stations like this...
Tac [][]
Tac [][]
Eng []
Eng [][][][]
Uni [][][]

You could go way overboard on Tac or Eng if you liked, or actually put out some decent Sci powers.

And bump up the Fleet Assault Cruiser's turn rate by 1 while you're at it.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 09-15-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
09-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
The Regent originally WAS the Fleet Assault Cruiser BEFORE Season 6 went live. It was removed from the Fleet tabs and turned into a C-Store ship. Anyone who was on TTS during the initial Starbase rollout will remember that.
That is incorrect the Fleet Assault Cruiser on tribble is not the same as the Regent. The Fleet Assault Cruiser on tribble had a different name, skin and stats.
Captain
# 9
09-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
That is incorrect the Fleet Assault Cruiser on tribble is not the same as the Regent. The Fleet Assault Cruiser on tribble had a different name, skin and stats.
Was for all intents the same basic ship. Had almost the same bridge officer layout and only one extra tac console. Take a look at the link to stowiki I posted above... its the stats from the tribble Fleet Assault Cruiser... and accounting for the fleet upgrade the Assault Cruiser Refit is the same ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Anymeow, I'd still like to see a fleet assault cruiser. There are so many fleet sci and tac ships, butt almeowst no eng ships.