Career Officer
# 1 STF Drops
09-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I have been playing this game for a while but now i'm just getting frustrated! After doing the Infected Space Elite almost everyday and sometimes multiple times a day, I am still unable to get the Borg Prototype Shield Tech. What gives? I'm almost a 200 day Lifer and spend hundreds of dollars on this game but no matter what I do the best I can get is the Prototype Salvage. Even with a Fleet Ship and Fleet Weopons and a great build still there is nothing. If this was random you would think I would get it at least once!
Why am I wasting my time with them?

Argon-Rogue Syndicate Fleet Admiral
Captain
# 2
09-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Random, by definition, doesn't mean you'll get it once. It means its governed by chance. Someone might do it once and get it while someone else might do it a thousand times and not get it. I'm not saying I agree with the method used. I'm just disagreeing with your notion you should have gotten it once.

As far as the only question you asked, I have no idea. I guess you're wasting your time because you have time to waste.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentars View Post
I have been playing this game for a while but now i'm just getting frustrated! After doing the Infected Space Elite almost everyday and sometimes multiple times a day, I am still unable to get the Borg Prototype Shield Tech. What gives? I'm almost a 200 day Lifer and spend hundreds of dollars on this game but no matter what I do the best I can get is the Prototype Salvage. Even with a Fleet Ship and Fleet Weopons and a great build still there is nothing. If this was random you would think I would get it at least once!
Why am I wasting my time with them?

Argon-Rogue Syndicate Fleet Admiral
It took me months to get both complete Space STF sets... and it took less than 3 weeks to get both ground sets when I eventually decided to do that... random is random...
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
09-15-2012, 08:44 AM
They have increased the drop chance significantly... bad luck can still prevent you from getting it ever theoretically, but i found with my newest toon I am just 2 set pieces short. one for Maco space and one for maco ground, got the complete Omega sets, so 10/12 pieces total now.
And that after only 86 STFs.

I'm pretty confident I can complete them before 100 if i concentrate on the 2 STFs that drop teh ones I am still missing.
Captain
# 5
09-15-2012, 09:10 AM
They are doing something to the STFs in Season 7 which should be out around November. Probably make Mk XII gear available from the vendor and add new sets.
Career Officer
# 6
09-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Understand the OP issue have been grinding multiple alt for almost 200 days my main still didn't have a complete mk xii set after all that time an alt it took 6 months and my new orion got the mk xii set in 10 stf runs total just have to unlock the accolades now hopefulyseason 7 will allow us to buy it with salvage or edc
Career Officer
# 7
09-15-2012, 05:31 PM
let me say this the problem is the thing is nroken to to mass overload of people running them

they have switched to a more of reputation you have to have accolades
I hope it is a sign they pulled them and are fixed them
the big swap is comming I hope
Career Officer
# 8
09-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Random, by definition, doesn't mean you'll get it once. It means its governed by chance. Someone might do it once and get it while someone else might do it a thousand times and not get it. I'm not saying I agree with the method used. I'm just disagreeing with your notion you should have gotten it once.

This, and what gives is that no one will be inviting you to be their buddy in Vegas.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeaaap... I am generally one of those folks who does not win games of chance only skill... So I have not even bothered going for the elite ground sets. Cannot be asked to waste my time playing the STF Lottery.

However, what should make you more frustrated OP is that there are soooooo many lotteries like this in STO it is mind numbing.

All Random Chance Events:

DOFF Packs

DOFF Recruitment

Exchanging Under performing DOFFs

Exchanging Higher DOFFs for lower DOFFs

Fleet DOFFs

Obtaining MK XII STF Gear

Lock Boxes

Some Items INSIDE Lock Boxes

Tholian Invasion Rewards

Deferi Invasion Rewards

DOFF Crafting Rewards

Many DOFF Mission Rewards

Rather or not you will end up in the Space Dock or in the First City when beaming to either at Qo'noS. (You know I am right)

What Datachip you get at the Academies

Optional Loot

Who will actually GET the Optional Loot

Where Red Alerts Show Up

If they are actually playable when you get into one

The Item Reward from Red Alerts

And if we are being picky Rather you hit something, crit on it, or miss is also random which coming from a show where missing did not really tend to happen is odd.
Career Officer
# 10
09-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
They are doing something to the STFs in Season 7 which should be out around November. Probably make Mk XII gear available from the vendor and add new sets.
Hope that's the Reputation thing. That way each time you do an STF you are that much closer to getting the gear. As someone who never seems to get a break on the 'random' rolls (had to get 240 EDC to get my Space Gear sets) I would love to see those random rolls go away altogether and just be Rep based.

Nothing more I like seeing in zone chat, after doing 120++ STFs for a MX XI set of gear, than to see some giddy STF noob that ran 10-12 of them and have a full Mk XII set.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!