Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 91
10-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
what happened?

They nerfed the science ships and their abilities?!?!
check the patch notes, or better yet the weekly update thread
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 92
10-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
check the patch notes, or better yet the weekly update thread
in the latest release notes it states "The shared cooldown between Polarize Hull and Hazard Emitters has been removed."

how is that a bad thing?

EDIT: ok, THIS i don't like --> "Emergency Power to Shields has been added to the cooldown category shared by Extend Shields and Reverse Shield Polarity."

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 10-10-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 93
10-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
in the latest release notes it states "The shared cooldown between Polarize Hull and Hazard Emitters has been removed."

how is that a bad thing?

EDIT: ok, THIS i don't like --> "Emergency Power to Shields has been added to the cooldown category shared by Extend Shields and Reverse Shield Polarity."
ya i don't like it ether, because its everything breaking. literally nothing in this thread works anymore, mainly due to this
Career Officer
# 94
10-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ya i don't like it ether, because its everything breaking. literally nothing in this thread works anymore, mainly due to this
also, except for that "everything breaking" modification, I don't see which other things are very bad for science ships....I'm seeing a lot of cooldowns that have been removed. Seems like a good thing, am I wrong? :/

edit: actually I retract that statement. You and Ghost are right. that one thing makes things suck now....
Empire Veteran
# 95
10-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
also, except for that "everything breaking" modification, I don't see which other things are very bad for science ships....I'm seeing a lot of cooldowns that have been removed. Seems like a good thing, am I wrong? :/

edit: actually I retract that statement. You and Ghost are right. that one thing makes things suck now....
removing the sci system cooldowns are fine, theres a few more options, things with synergy wont cool each other down now. but basically you cant use rsp anymore, if you do, after it ends you will have a gap in your EPtS coverage, so you die. with the way ES's cooldowns work, you have to slot 2 ES or it will interrupt EPtS as well. both of these abilities are very viable, everyone will see them, and know when your weak.

not being able to use RSP changes things, it cant be relied on, your gonna need more TSS, ST, BFI doffs, it effects everything. also, the spike resistance of PH and HE is gonna be overpowered, they has a cooldown together for a reason.
Banned
# 96
10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
For those wondering why this change is bad for science
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=410911
Career Officer
# 97
10-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
For those wondering why this change is bad for science
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=410911
very helpful as always Ghost... thank you.

I've spread that post around to a few threads, hoping that some people will actually learn something.

P.S. if they truly do retract the crap they pulled last night - like they mentioned in the patch notes, hours ago - you can hopefully continue your build threads
Also, it would be an awesome idea to do all that you've written as videos on youtube I guarantee throngs of sto players will be viewing your channel.

---------------
I was once a noob, but now am found...
Career Officer
# 98 B'rel heal bomber
10-11-2012, 06:47 AM
In search of good bop builds for engineers and scientists, I designed the "heal-bomber-bop" (sounds like that song from Hanson)

The build is based on the heavy b'rel bomber for tactical captains. A mixed set of destructive torpedo's are fired and good heals and resists distributed to team mates. This all while being cloaked.

Front: Trico or bio warhead, breen cluster, quantum, harpeng
back: 2x trico mine

KHG shield and deflector and Borg engine

Cmdr tac: HY1, HY2, DPA2, APD3
LtCmdr sci: HE1, HE2, ST3
Lt sci: PH1, TSS2
Lt eng: EptS1, AtoD1

eng consoles: 3x neutronium alloy
sci consoles: borg, 2x stealth (maybe also shield emitter)
tac consoles: 2x warhead yield, 1x TCD
(maybe put aceton assimilator somewhere to drop those also now and then in the battlefield)

Purple Doffs: 2x development lab scientists, 2x torpedo doff, 1x cloacking technician (if you can afford it)

The tactic is to heal your team as best as you can. PH and AtoD (and EptS) are reserved for yourself (for escaping duties and hull resists). However, use APD3, TSS, HE, ST3 to heal team mates. With the 2 development doffs, you have the ST3 available every 15 seconds. Next to healing teammates you must also assist your team's with their target. This is best done by performing a kind of an alpha strike. The idea is that the torpedo's will impact roughly at the same moment, giving max spike, and open their shields. Fire sequence is trico/bio warhead, cluster, quantums, harpeng (fired at >5 km). The alpha dispersed mines are just dropped everywhere, beeing a little optimistic.

It takes some time and skill to master this tactic because you have to do 3 things at the same time:
1: Switch between team mates, and heal them when necessary.
2: Time your "alpha strike", switch to your team's target
3: keep good distance, however, you still need to drop those trico's withing range

note: I know instant heals without resist are not favored at the moment. But consider that the receiver also has his own resists and heals. Most people run 2x tac team, so they benefit far more from your ST heal when under fire which can give them just enough extra time to reload their own buffs. You can choose to swap ST and TSS, but then you reduce healing capacity a lot; because ST is a every 15 second heal and TSS 45 seconds heal
Career Officer
# 99
10-11-2012, 09:09 AM
If you are going to run a Dispersal Pattern, run Beta. Alpha makes a string of single Trics, beta 2 will make a group of 3 that will hurt someone a lot more.
[23:35] Horta deals 1738411 (1538303) Toxic Damage to Centurion Engineer with Corrosive Acid.
Career Officer
# 100
10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beary666sto View Post
If you are going to run a Dispersal Pattern, run Beta. Alpha makes a string of single Trics, beta 2 will make a group of 3 that will hurt someone a lot more.
so its not really "a string..." its less than three. Dispersal Pattern Beta might do more damage, but remember hull and shields aren't the only things that can be damaged.
Several critical hits can KILL, not just injure, your crew, and in turn make more systems vulnerable to severe damage.