Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Banned
# 111
10-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrisd View Post
Hi guys, I figured this would be a good place to post as I can't currently make a topic.

Looking through the builds here from the main posting I quite liked the look of the Tac Recon build using the Reconnaissance Science Vessel, I have just come off my Engineer who was my first character and I followed one of the builds from the Ultimate Cruiser thread or whatever it was called

Anyway, is there a build around that is like the Tac Recon but for Science Class character and considers the same principles for damage and science abilities?
I am currently level 20 and haven't spent any points as generally I'm not sure what is best and don't want to screw it up, but the aim is to end up in the Recon Sci ship or eventually if the fleet I am a part of gets there the Fleet intrepid.

Any help would be awesome, I've only been playing for a few weeks and with my bad memory this stuff has a habit of flying right over my head, lol.
Yeah, most of the Tac Recon builds port over pretty readily for Sci Recons. for straight up damage, in most instances I'd spec instead into torps, and roll triple plas torps upfront and double spreads (1 and 2), with Disruptor turrets Aft.
Career Officer
# 112
10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrisd View Post
Hi guys, I figured this would be a good place to post as I can't currently make a topic.

Looking through the builds here from the main posting I quite liked the look of the Tac Recon build using the Reconnaissance Science Vessel, I have just come off my Engineer who was my first character and I followed one of the builds from the Ultimate Cruiser thread or whatever it was called

Anyway, is there a build around that is like the Tac Recon but for Science Class character and considers the same principles for damage and science abilities?
I am currently level 20 and haven't spent any points as generally I'm not sure what is best and don't want to screw it up, but the aim is to end up in the Recon Sci ship or eventually if the fleet I am a part of gets there the Fleet intrepid.

Any help would be awesome, I've only been playing for a few weeks and with my bad memory this stuff has a habit of flying right over my head, lol.
oh believe me I know how it was for me as well. I thought things would be fairly obvious in terms of everything that I would eventually do in STO, but it was bigger than I realized. With good people's help, you'll learn pretty fast.

EDIT: also, even when you think you have familiarized yourself with everything, there is always another ace up someones sleeve to teach you something new.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 10-17-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 113
10-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Yeah, most of the Tac Recon builds port over pretty readily for Sci Recons. for straight up damage, in most instances I'd spec instead into torps, and roll triple plas torps upfront and double spreads (1 and 2), with Disruptor turrets Aft.
the mirror DSSV is the same type of ship right?
so How can I modify what you mentioned into a weapons build that is solely dedicated to setting things on fire? 3 torpedoes in front, and all mines in aft? or should I leave a slot for a dual beam weapon or something?
Banned
# 114
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
the mirror DSSV is the same type of ship right?
so How can I modify what you mentioned into a weapons build that is solely dedicated to setting things on fire? 3 torpedoes in front, and all mines in aft? or should I leave a slot for a dual beam weapon or something?
well the DSSV, is a poor turning ship so I wouldn't recommend having torps on it. You're better off with the Recon because of it's agility.
Career Officer
# 115
10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
well the DSSV, is a poor turning ship so I wouldn't recommend having torps on it. You're better off with the Recon because of it's agility.
ok, I looked at my ships. The Mirror DSSV looks like the prime universe Recon vessel. So I guess torpedoes would be fine..... right? i tested it in Infected Space, and it seems to be quite nimble...
Career Officer
# 116
10-17-2012, 09:54 PM
deleted post...

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 10-17-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Banned
# 117
10-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
ok, I looked at my ships. The Mirror DSSV looks like the prime universe Recon vessel. So I guess torpedoes would be fine..... right? i tested it in Infected Space, and it seems to be quite nimble...
Yeah that one should be good to go on it then.

I got them flip flopped in my brain.
Captain
# 118
10-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Are you going to 3.0 this (and update the others) to reflect the proposed changes on Tribble in regard to running Borg/Maco? In order to get the 3-Borg bonus, it will be a case of having to run the Borg shield instead of the Maco.

...or has MWO sunk its hooks in deep enough that you'll likely not bother?
Banned
# 119
10-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Are you going to 3.0 this (and update the others) to reflect the proposed changes on Tribble in regard to running Borg/Maco? In order to get the 3-Borg bonus, it will be a case of having to run the Borg shield instead of the Maco.

...or has MWO sunk its hooks in deep enough that you'll likely not bother?
Well since I didn't get banned, nor the forum reset I'll likely just quietly edit posts I'll post any updates I do in the thread in their own post. Consider it Thread Patch Notes
Career Officer
# 120
10-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Well since I didn't get banned, nor the forum reset I'll likely just quietly edit posts I'll post any updates I do in the thread in their own post. Consider it Thread Patch Notes
yah! *happy dance*

I recommend keeping the original notes into an archive (as a backup) which I would gladly download should you upload a zip file.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 10-17-2012 at 11:10 PM.