Lt. Commander
# 51
10-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treffell View Post
lol

a little late

look, i am having fun with the ol game, and kinda poking at super builds

with the right team you can be an asset, zapping in with specialty weapons, getting out asap - and sometimes hanging for a firefight longer then you should be able to

like i said, i think its kinda cool that a shuttle hitting a carrier with an isometr4ic charge has validity in pvp

its trek, useing ol fed wits to do stuff kinda thing
Quote:
"How to buld a sci to make people throw stuff 2.0" is the title of the thread.

I just described a science stealth build to make people throw stuff.
A shuttle in pvp might make me throw stuff I guess? I could chuck some balls up in the air and juggle for a few minutes whilst your shuttle contributes nothing.

Quote:
i thi8nk alot of people think they own the game or soemthng
I do own the game, I bought my copy digitally a long time ago, what about you?

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-05-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 52
10-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkirrahe View Post
I do own the game, I bought my copy digitally a long time ago, what about you?
technincally speaking i think it depends on local law but you dont acutally "own" the game, youre only agreeing to a contract to use the game or something....

i remember there being some sort of case, a dude wanted to change some code (mod) a game he bought but it was determined since he didnt "own" the game he couldnt change it or somthing...
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Science tricksw not related to consoles or ships

i type "ADMN - dont shoot - in zone

i typoe the target name - in zone

i type out "another kill for the shuttle man" when i make a kill, and sure enpugh the dead want revenge and chase me all over the place

(course teammates kinda get mad too- "it was me!" (lol)

psychiatrey is kinda in the medical and sciences (and alot of people don;t beleive in it which is why in librarys its like next to "magic with numbers"- lol)

at any rate Bones was a psychiatrist and i say use psychiatry - and a shutt;le
since my character uses a TOS medical outfit

Bones had to tell spock about big hairy giants and how they just keep coming getting madder and madder - before gthey flew off in a shuttle
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-05-2012, 04:14 AM
oh yeah

a new tricjk is fly my Ferengi ship fully loaded up, then the next few games use a Ferengi hologram on my shuttle

(lol)
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-05-2012, 04:23 AM
not sure why the ol op is getting unwound there

appreciate the thread

but insults do bring about another facet

when in a shuttle i read all kinds of swearing and compolaints and self rightoiusness - abojut a game i think

i have come to suspect alot of people get mad if you dont listen to what a stranger says or somethng

however, another tactic is to type "i am like 7 in the hoispital, and a nun got me this game and now people that hate kids are swearing at me "

(lol)

in the end people with a brain or heart laugh , the hairy giants get mad , and i know who is who

lots of teams have written - "this will be fun trying to heal" or when we win - take a secoind thoguyht

but once agin thanks for the thread there ol op - jus trying to contribute , noit step on toes there
Banned
# 56
10-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Then contribute with a ship that actually Does something in pvp. Not a ship meant for Shuttle Fights, and pve.

This is a build optimization thread, for sci heavy ships. Like a sci ship, a carrier, or doubled down on sci bop.
Community Moderator
# 57
10-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Yes I get to dictate the rules of my thread.
Um, no.

You get to set the topic of the thread. Everything else not covered by the official forum rules is fair game.

And, as another reminder, anyone who believes that a post violates forum rules -- such as posting off-topic spam -- should not respond in anger but open a ticket with customer service.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 58
10-05-2012, 08:31 AM
An Atrox

T1: SAP 3, SWT 9, DC 0. SB 7. SHR 9, SFC 6, SSE 9
T2: SEW 9, SPW 0, SI 9, SSR 0, SWC 7, SPI 9, SSS 9
T3: SM 9, STS 9, SEPS 6, SIT 3, SWCP 7, SGG 6, SPG 6
T4: SS 0, ST 3, SEP 3, SHP 6, SSP 9, SID 3, SS 0
T5: SEWS 6. SPWS 0, SAR 0, SAP 3, SWP 3, SCS 0, SCD 0

CSS: TBR3, FP2, TSS2, PH1
LCSS: GW1, HE2, TB1
LCES: EWP1, EPtS2, ET1
LTS: APD1, TT1

Deflector: Aegis
Engine: Aegis
Shield: Aegis

Consoles:
S - EA Mk XI, SEA Mk XI, FC Mk XI, UAM
E - FG Mk XI, NA Mk XI (x2 - switch around, etc, etc, etc)
T - TPG Mk XI (x2)

Weapons: Polarized Tetryon Beam Array(x6)

Hangars: APSD & ADR (2x or 2x, not 1x & 1x)

Power:
Wep - 70
Sh - 60
Eng - 30
Aux - 40

DOFFs: 2x SDO, FDO, TBO, GSO

Not everybody's going to be into hitting up STFs or breaking out the credit card for Zen gear, and this is mostly using crafted gear. If you're into STFs, then you can definitely gear it that way - there's likely a bunch of builds out there for gearing it that way. As for the Zen stuff, might say with all the Dil farming that would take place for this anyway - might as well farm more Dil and just get the Zen stuff. Personally, I lack the patience for that kind of extended farming - yeah, yeah - get more alts - spend more time - or break out the credit card. That's just not me.

The ship's very shield heavy in regard to the focus on defense. I probably should have mentioned the traits that go along with it up there - Efficient, Elusive, Techie, and Warp. It might make a little more sense with that - or - it may not.

You might look at the Skittles and go WTF? The build's not a DPS build, so those that prefer that...well, yeah - there's much better builds out there. All in all, it's meant to be annoying. I've found that Skittles ships are very annoying to folks. Sure, the procs are low chance - but - they can be annoying. Admittedly, the Antiproton is probably a poor choice - it would be best to go with a second of the other, but then I'd lose part of the battlecry: Taste the rainbow, mutha...er...yeah...ahem.

I've also found that people absolutely hate to be pushed or held. So yeah, this ship can push or hold. Throw out the Danubes for more fun, eh?

Some of the things will highly depend on what others are doing, mind you. It will also depend on what's trying to make you hit the respawn button.

The E-BOFFs, hrmm, is definitely one of those things where I'm not entirely happy. I'm really used to running the ET and not having the ST over on Sci - rather another HE there. Have a friend going down, HE/ET/TSS and either push/hold what's trying to kill them... that sort of thing. In typing this out though, heh, I was feeling a little of the eff' you to those flying around me. So that area could probably do with some work.

But anyway, like I said - it's not your DPS down their throat ship where you might tick them off for a moment and you'll soon be forgotten as they're ticked off by the next person that killed them. It'll make an impression, imo... and they're likely to want to kill you every chance they get. Which, with that kind of focus, leaves them open to all sorts of other problems - am I right?

Any thoughts on improving it, outside obviously the STF/Zen gear (or maybe even that for somebody that might be interested in that route and the build), would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Went ahead and changed some Eng/Sci abilities.
edit: Also decided to drop two of the turrets and the battlecry to go with a pair of arrays to use the sub targeting. Though, it leaves me somewhat concerned about power when the target's broadside.
edit: Changed the power settings to reflect an additional change in weapons. With that also, dropped DC3 to take SB7 for the longer batteries. Also thinking about picking up some APFs for the hangars.
edit: Had a duh moment and realized I forgot to switch the Tac consoles.
edit: Tweaked the power settings again.
edit: Shuffled/replaced some Sci abilities.
edit: Shuffled/replaced some Sci/Eng abilities again. Pesky abilities.
edit: I fat fingered (er, I added pts in the wrong spot) - so, I deleted. I'm not going to continue any work on this particular build, as I'm no longer working toward it. Besides, there's little interest in a ship not sporting STF/Zen gear...meh.

Last edited by virusdancer; 10-06-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Community Moderator
# 59
10-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treffell View Post
jus trying to contribute
Treffell, this thread is mostly build-oriented. If you'd like to contribute, please stay on-topic.

Describing how you bait people in chat in-game is definitely off-topic, and so are comments about other forum users reactions to your posts. Derailing threads is a form of spamming under the forum rules. Please stop.

Another user suggested that shuttle builds and tactics would be better off in a thread of their own as it's a much more specialized topic. That seems reasonable, don't you think?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Banned
# 60
10-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Um, no.

You get to set the topic of the thread. Everything else not covered by the official forum rules is fair game.

And, as another reminder, anyone who believes that a post violates forum rules -- such as posting off-topic spam -- should not respond in anger but open a ticket with customer service.
Just so we're clear where is the Report Post button on this god awful forum.