Captain
Tribbles need to be fixed i been seeing lately that all tribbles even if they are not near food they tend to make more and more some times 10 pop up in 30mins and it gets annoying when there eating the stuff we need.When there not near any food they still eat.I have the food 24 spaces away from my tribbles and there stiill eating please fix.
Community Moderator
# 2
09-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom43 View Post
Tribbles need to be fixed i been seeing lately that all tribbles even if they are not near food they tend to make more and more some times 10 pop up in 30mins and it gets annoying when there eating the stuff we need.When there not near any food they still eat.I have the food 24 spaces away from my tribbles and there stiill eating please fix.
It doesn't matter where the food is in your inventory, never has. Tribbles also only breed every 1 PLAYED hour (type /played to see what your time is at). The only way to not have them eat said food is to not place tribbles in your inventory/bank with food
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-16-2012, 09:50 AM
If you have Tribbles and Food in the same repository, i.e. your inventory, or personal bank, the tribbles will eat. It doesn't matter how many spaces you place between them. It has always been this way, and I don't see it ever changing.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Career Officer
# 4
09-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Clearly this is more evidence that the Klingons are right and that Tribbles are an ecological hazard and should be erased from the galaxy.

But yes, Tribbles will eat food regardless of where they are in relation to it, as long as it is in the same inventory container (i.e. Bank/Personal) as they are.

So when are we getting a Glommer to deal with the Tribbles on the Federation Starbase?

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Captain
# 5
09-16-2012, 09:52 AM
It needs fixed tribbles are eating things we need for star base.
Community Moderator
# 6
09-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
It's not broken it's been this way for almost 3 years now. Just don't put the rotgut or romulan ale etc near tribbles.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Don't put tribbles in the same place - inventory, bank, fleet bank tab - as food. It is that simple.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-16-2012, 09:55 AM
This is exactly why whenever I get a random tribble from combat drops, I feed it into the replicator as soon as I get a break. And also why I don't keep food in my bank at all, whether I keep tribbles in there or not.

They are cute as pets, as long as you manage to keep them carefully away from food. Anything less, and they become a menace through no fault of their own.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-16-2012, 10:02 AM
That's why I have all my tribbles in my unused Boff inventories. More than enough space there as I don't trust them with hypos and shield batteries anyway.

That leaves my Inventory completely tribble free and food is out of danger until I get a chance to put it into my also tribble free bank.

The only moments when tribbles are in my inventory is when I change out Tribbles in my device slots for a few seconds.
Captain
# 10
09-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Number of spaces should be limited to the tribbles.

I would say no more then 4 spaces.But yes they are a nuisance some times but lately they have been eating like crazy i though the timer took an hour be for they respawned another tribble be cause the thing that annoys me the most is that they are pretty much worth less.And they tend to eat stuff that is worth selling.

And i though there was like a timer on them.like an hour to make another tribble.