Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
# 1 First Officer on Bajor
09-16-2012, 12:04 PM
The other day I was on Bajor, entered Colony Invasion, beamed back to Bajor and had my first officer with me. While I realize it was probably a glitch, it was a very pleasant glitch. Running around the city with her was rather fun.
Does anyone know how to recreate such a glitch?
Also, has anyone heard rumors that we'll be able to beam a bridge officer down to any location?

Screenshot: http://img.alphacoders.com/images/view/854

EDIT: This happened during the evening of Friday, Sept 15, 2012

Last edited by apolloserenus; 09-16-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloserenus View Post
The other day I was on Bajor, entered Colony Invasion, beamed back to Bajor and had my first officer with me. While I realize it was probably a glitch, it was a very pleasant glitch. Running around the city with her was rather fun.
Does anyone know how to recreate such a glitch?
Also, has anyone heard rumors that we'll be able to beam a bridge officer down to any location?

Screenshot: http://img.alphacoders.com/images/view/854
Interesting. I'll see if I can get it to work also. Was this after the Thursday maimtenance or before?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Lieutenant
# 3
09-16-2012, 12:41 PM
This happened after, it was a Friday evening.
Career Officer
# 4
09-16-2012, 02:15 PM
The game probably sought to replace lost teammembers. It commonly does this when mapmoving as a team if one teammember disconnects or takes a long time to beam down, it replaces them with your (or other teammembers') bridge officers. And as you said, you did come out of a group event.

I'd imagine if this commonly happened leaving Colony Invasion, we'd have heard about it a lot sooner, so clearly usually when you leave a map it all works as intended. My guess is both you and one (or the last) of your colony invasion teammembers departed the map roughly simultaneously (normally you're far enough apart for the last person to mapmove to be kicked from the team before you go through the process), causing the game to try to fill in the blank.

You could try to recreate it by teaming up with a friend (in another map), joining a group event (or just using a bridge or something) and trying to synch up your beamout.

And probably not that you'd want it to, but it should stop doing that if they change the order in which leaving these instances works. Right now it's mapmove, then leave team. You can tell by the character portraits in the team UI. If they make it, leave team, then mapmove, it probably wouldn't occur. And it might just fix teamchat, which tends to remember the wrong team ID a lot, and which may or may not be related.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 09-16-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Community Moderator
# 5
09-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Going to bump this over to Gameplay Bugs Nice find.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Rihannsu
# 6
09-17-2012, 04:50 AM
you used to be able to do this on Defera pretty easily. go into an interior map(powerplant) with a 2 man team then have someone click the button to summon reinforcements. It was kinda random as to which Boff you'd get. I once got my TNG Borg who was a new recruit with no training...

I'm guessing this is like what Hrisvalar mentioned.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.