Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 11
09-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The earliest anyone can get a tier 4 shipyard is early october. Considering that season 6 came out July 12 and it takes 67 days to get 100k XP by doing 1500 XP each day by doing 2 military projects a day and over 2 weeks of stalled military XP since you can't do military projects when upgrading. Therefore, people can just base their opinions of it on the listed stats and not by actually playing them.

People that want to play the Aquarius will do it because of its look rather than how good their stats are.
Agreed, there'll be numerous players - the sort who fly rainbow/skittle boats - who'll buy this having paid ZERO attention to it's stats.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 12
09-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Agreed, there'll be numerous players - the sort who fly rainbow/skittle boats - who'll buy this having paid ZERO attention to it's stats.
I read this and laughed because that statement reminded me of an STF I did less than 5 minutes ago.

But yeah, why in the name of anything sane would you bother to get one of those Ps of S? It's squishy. It's not that aesthetically pleasing. And it's squishy. It also can't turn that well. And it's squishy. I'll take my FPE over it ANY day of the week.

Long story short, DON'T WASTE YOUR FLEET CREDS/FLEET SHIP MODULES/brain power on this piece of garbage.

On a final thought, why was this ship even made? It's terrible. Where did it even come from? (other than the oddy pet)
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 13
09-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I read this and laughed because that statement reminded me of an STF I did less than 5 minutes ago.

But yeah, why in the name of anything sane would you bother to get one of those Ps of S? It's squishy. It's not that aesthetically pleasing. And it's squishy. It also can't turn that well. And it's squishy. I'll take my FPE over it ANY day of the week.

Long story short, DON'T WASTE YOUR FLEET CREDS/FLEET SHIP MODULES/brain power on this piece of garbage.

On a final thought, why was this ship even made? It's terrible. Where did it even come from? (other than the oddy pet)
It was made because, as established in the discussion pertaining to the Wells class, it looks cool. And that's all that matters to some players.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 14
09-18-2012, 12:56 AM
That is where you and I differ in opinion. It does not "look cool". Sorry to say, it looks like the mutated child of an intrepid class and a peregrine fighter.

Yuck.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 15 reply
09-18-2012, 01:50 AM
i actually thought it looked like something the defiant passed after chewing through to many spicy jemhadar burrittos. but was just curious to me a fleet destroyer should be a ship with extreme fire power but njot quite battle ship size to me a fleet destroyer should have stats like this
weapons load out 4 front can mount any cannons
4 rear but one either dedicated to torpedoes or mines
hull 39000
turn rate 19 or 20
bo
1 tac commander i ltcom tac 1 lt com enginerr 1 lt universa
consoles 4 tac 4 engineering and 2 science
size should be in-between escort and heavy cruiser size
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,110
# 16
09-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Hmm, from what I've read a lot of the ship information listed for fleet ships is incorrect, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the Aquarius is significantly better than appears once it's actually in game.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 17
09-18-2012, 02:09 AM
And on the flip side it could be significantly worse than it's stats appear to be.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 18
09-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
That is where you and I differ in opinion. It does not "look cool". Sorry to say, it looks like the mutated child of an intrepid class and a peregrine fighter.

Yuck.
We don't differ in opinion at all - I don't particuarly like it's looks either. I'm simply saying that plenty of players will/do and will purchase it on that basis alone.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,974
# 19
09-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Hmm, from what I've read a lot of the ship information listed for fleet ships is incorrect, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the Aquarius is significantly better than appears once it's actually in game.
up to now the only thing that was wrong was the shield modifier on some klingon ships, anything else is correct information. even if the aquarius had more shield points...it would still suck big time...and for it not to suck, the information available now, need to be 90% wrong. and that is doubtfull
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 20
09-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Anyone think for a second that this is the actual reason why the Aquarius console is such a fail pet?

Fail crew + fail ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 AM.