Ensign
# 1 Pvp Idea
09-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Ok so we all know that alot of people avoid pvp either because they get rolled all the time by teams, dont enjoy pvp, or are just terrible at it.

We also know that pug`in can leave you with deep set mental scars and anger issues!

Yes we can all be in a fleet and yes we can try and get a team from Opvp channel but alot of the time you find that if your in a team you roll most teams and if you are pug`in on your own and come agaisnt a team then well most of the time it ends up bad.

This is made worse by those dam AFKers who just want the dilithium or turn up in shuttles or 0 shields etc.

It would be nice for pvp to be able to get fleet marks as well but this could make the afk and farming worse.

Here`s what I think could be done to help some of these problems:

Ques are split into team and single. You can only que for single if not in a team in any way.
You can earn dilithium from this and the normal dilithium daily still counts.

Team ques are for anyone who is teamed, full teams, 3 people, 2 people etc etc
This rewards fleet marks on a daily mission but instead of played 3 matches you have to win 3 matches so people dont just team and afk or farm. (maybe should do that for the single ques too)

Also maybe the option to team kick AFK`ers maybe, but this prob wont be needed if you have to win anyway.

I think these improvements would benifit pvp whilst letting people enjoy pug matches
but still letting fleets and teams group up and get rewarded for it via maybe fleet marks or at least maybe a second daily dilithium reward.

Thanks,

Minter
Commander
# 2
09-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh05 View Post
Ok so we all know that alot of people avoid pvp either because they get rolled all the time by teams, dont enjoy pvp, or are just terrible at it.

We also know that pug`in can leave you with deep set mental scars and anger issues!

Yes we can all be in a fleet and yes we can try and get a team from Opvp channel but alot of the time you find that if your in a team you roll most teams and if you are pug`in on your own and come agaisnt a team then well most of the time it ends up bad.

This is made worse by those dam AFKers who just want the dilithium or turn up in shuttles or 0 shields etc.

It would be nice for pvp to be able to get fleet marks as well but this could make the afk and farming worse.

Here`s what I think could be done to help some of these problems:

Ques are split into team and single. You can only que for single if not in a team in any way.
You can earn dilithium from this and the normal dilithium daily still counts.

Team ques are for anyone who is teamed, full teams, 3 people, 2 people etc etc
This rewards fleet marks on a daily mission but instead of played 3 matches you have to win 3 matches so people dont just team and afk or farm. (maybe should do that for the single ques too)

Also maybe the option to team kick AFK`ers maybe, but this prob wont be needed if you have to win anyway.

I think these improvements would benifit pvp whilst letting people enjoy pug matches
but still letting fleets and teams group up and get rewarded for it via maybe fleet marks or at least maybe a second daily dilithium reward.

Thanks,

Minter
I think forcing people to win a PVP match for the reward will cause problems for a lot of people. Just saying.
Banned
# 3
09-17-2012, 07:52 AM
They'll either learn how to pvp or quit pvping.

Either way frankly is a win win as it improves the quality of matches.

Seriously, every mmo worth it's salt rewards Victory more than mere Participation.
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
They'll either learn how to pvp or quit pvping.

Seriously, every mmo worth it's salt rewards Victory more than mere Participation.
I'm not an expert on MMOs, but the ones I play all reward based on a number of factors, not just wins.
Banned
# 5
09-17-2012, 08:47 AM
At least for the Turn Ins.

There needs to be rewards increases across the board mind.

At this point we need DOFF rewards, increased Energy Creds. To get people to want to play. Maybe make those rewards the Victory Rewards on Turn in. The reason for this? Because the dumb ass starbase of course. PvP should not come at the expense of your progression in this game, and unfortunately due to the Moron that came up with the starbase system and who ever decided "nope pvp shouldn't have anything to do with this ever! even though this directly affects pvp balance!", is what we have now.
Ensign
# 6
09-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleon22 View Post
I think forcing people to win a PVP match for the reward will cause problems for a lot of people. Just saying.
Well if they are in the "single" pug queue then they have the same chance of winning as the teams will be completely random and not getting beat by a core team or even 2 or 3 grouped good players.
Captain
# 7
09-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I really like this idea. It's one of the best I've heard lately
Captain
# 8
09-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I like the 'single' queue concept. It would help resolve the problem of premades invading the pug queues and being matched up against a team of random pugs. . .almost guaranteeing a turkey shoot.
Banned
# 9
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I like the 'single' queue concept. It would help resolve the problem of premades invading the pug queues and being matched up against a team of random pugs. . .almost guaranteeing a turkey shoot.
When I que up as a pug, more than half the time it's a turkey shoot already. Just sayin.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-17-2012, 11:19 AM
The OPs ideas do have a minty freshness about them..........
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP