Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
09-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Oh, I wouldn't go so far as to call them practice dummies. After all, practice dummies don't one-shot you (any Borg ship in Elite STFs except for probes could possibly do this) or drain your shields (Borg cubes), and they don't speak with that awesome Borg collective-voice thing. But. . .yeah, they're not that tough once you learn their patterns. They're a step up from practice dummies, but not much of one.
the only real threat in pve is donotra firing a photon spread, invisible gate torpedoes that deal about 30k damage, and a plasma high yield from a tac cube, that some claim are invisible some times. npc's are harmless other wise, it would take 10 of them to be an incoming damage threat, shields drained or not. when fixing satellites, getting 2 galors fireing high yields on you can be a legitimate handful, out side of qued content i cant think of any other challenging situation.

they are ether harmless or 1 shot you, because the npcs suck and rely on huge modifiers added to their damage rather then being built to be anything like a player ship. currently the only thing pve and pvp have in common is the skill tree and station powers, everything is different. and people want even the skills to be different in pve and pvp too? HA! the skills and ships and abilities were all created with player ships using them on each other in mind, the anomaly in this is pve, pve is a bug that needs fixing.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 22
09-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Now imagine the glorious fun if you had multiple pvp fleets battling it out daily......
Maybe if fleets like Critz & Pandas didn't suck up PVPers then other fleets might ave the players to fight too?
Captain
# 23
09-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Maybe if fleets like Critz & Pandas didn't suck up PVPers then other fleets might ave the players to fight too?
Both Critz and Pandas are small fleets really...

Critz is really like 10 active guys... with a handful of semi active friends. lol

I can't honestly think of to many newer players we have picked up in critz. We are pretty much all old guard players. There are some good newer fleets around, they have a ways to go yet, and most of them seem to be relying on p2w way to much... but hey they'll get there I think.
Career Officer
# 24
09-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post

Critz is really like 10 active guys... with a handful of semi active friends. lol

I can't honestly think of to many newer players we have picked up in critz. We are pretty much all old guard players. There are some good newer fleets around, they have a ways to go yet, and most of them seem to be relying on p2w way to much... but hey they'll get there I think.
What happened to Coup De Grace?
Captain
# 25
09-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post

Pretty much this. Pandas only have about 10 active members with a few part-timers. Our active members just happen to be really active, and most have 2 years of gameplay experience.

The new fleets do keep popping up, don't they? Well, that is a good thing. We need more fleets. Now we just need to get them into some premade matches so they can begin to truly refine their skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
We actually really don't like A2B, but it's a bit of a "third rail" situation. When we have the right fix to it, someday, we'll probably possibly maybe make it.
Career Officer
# 26
09-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
We actually stopped recruiting because of the simple fact that if we recruit all of PvP there is no one left to fight. And yeh.. to say that our fleet is so big... I think 50% of the peeps coming to our vent isnt even Panda, but simply friends that like to play and chat.

To the OP: Yes, 99% of the fights in PvP are either 15-0, or 0-15, which is boring but most of all, sad. But dont get me wrong, thats not simply to blame because of the newcomers, but its more to blame by the people that do senseless PVE stomping and STF's and Cryptic doesnt give them more of a challenge, next thing they queue up for a PvP match and get stomped by the opposition because a player is suddenly so much different then a senseless NPC.

Newcomers to PvP actually adapt reasonably fast, and can get quite good in a short amount of time (with some help this can even go faster) if they are really want to pursue nice and challenging PvP

Last edited by marctraiderz; 09-20-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Captain
# 27
09-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Yes we absorbed the 3 of them. lol I would hardly call those guys "new" players... it was more like consolidating TS and Starbase junk.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Wasn't I was in that fleet? I've been in so many over the years I forget. Critz is a bunch of PVPers that have been playing forever. I was in Warriors of Grethor with about 1/2 of them over a year ago.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Yeah thats what all games should be about really fast paced good action but usually its just people being afk or totaly terrible.
Noone.