Captain
# 11
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
As much as I like the Ambassador-Class myself, if the ingame-representation of it outclasses the Galaxy-R I'm going to scream
You know thats going to happen because the Galaxy-R needs to be fixed, period.
Captain
# 12
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Uh, wrong. The ship was used in variouse missons transferring diplomats to the Enterprise-D. It was used in the Battle of Wolf 359(Emissary), its was used in the blockade in "Redemption II". Its shown atleast 6 time in TNG and a few times in DS9. Actually TNG showed the Ambassador Class more often than the Miranda. Miranda's didn't start showing up often till major battles in DS9, because its a frontline cannon fodder ship. You need to go back and watch Star Trek because you memory is shaky.
According to Memory Alpha an Ambassador Class has only had 6 appearances/mentions in Trek:

Quote:
TNG: (4)
"Conspiracy" (debris, and interior via subspace communication)
"Yesterday's Enterprise"
"Data's Day"
"Redemption II"
DS9: "Emissary"
ENT: "Future Tense" (database image, saucer section only)
Career Officer
# 13
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
In simplest terms, and covered many other times, the Ambassador was going to be a Mission Reward item but the year of FTP conversion screwed up the schedule. The mission idea was not wiped just put on the back-burner until they could get around to it. It would seem it's somehow being incorporated into what's going on with Season 7 - coming in November/December.

Personally I think they should make the Ambassador the 3 year anniversary ship - much like they did with the Odyssey on the 2nd anniversary. Of course that would mean they need to come up with a old KDF ship for the other side too. They could give away a free T3.5 version as homage to the Ent C and then sell a T5 version in the C-Store.
Well, that's easy:

K'vort Battlecruiser.
It was even in the same episode and we know those were also in service in the unaltered timeline.
Captain
# 14
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well, that's easy:

K'vort Battlecruiser.
It was even in the same episode and we know those were also in service in the unaltered timeline.
It seems like a perfect solution then: Ambassador and K'vort as the 3rd Anniversary ship choices. I'd go for that.
Career Officer
# 15
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
According to Memory Alpha an Ambassador Class has only had 6 appearances/mentions in Trek:
Well, there were also various ships with a 26XXX registry that appeared later in several episodes on background screens etc. and the Encyclopedia lists them as Ambassadors.
And as we already know STO used material from the Encyclopedia and several technical manauls as legit info.
This would mean that Ambassadors were still in service during the Dominion War.

Last edited by misterde3; 09-18-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: replace "other" with "several"
Captain
# 16
09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well, there were also various ships with a 26XXX registry that appeared later in several episodes on background screens etc. and the Encyclopedia lists them as Ambassadors.
And as we already know STO used material from the Encyclopedia and several technical manauls as legit info.
This would mean that Ambassadors were still in service during the Dominion War.
I have no problem with them being Ambassador Class in STO. I was simply pointing out that there's only 6 confirmed appearances in canon - and only 4 of them actually showed the ship doing something.
Career Officer
# 17
09-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
I have no problem with them being Ambassador Class in STO. I was simply pointing out that there's only 6 confirmed appearances in canon - and only 4 of them actually showed the ship doing something.
Didn't say that.
Just think of my comment as an addendum.
Captain
# 18
09-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
It seems like a perfect solution then: Ambassador and K'vort as the 3rd Anniversary ship choices. I'd go for that.
I also agree on this!
Captain
# 19
09-18-2012, 04:20 PM
I rather have it as Ann. or a C-store ship. Since most of us who would love to have it can have a chance at it. As new players start up I'm sure they would love to have it. Or ones like myself who can play a limit amount of time per week.

I say a Ann., later C store, or award for doing a mission story. But leave it there for others as they do it later.
Commander
# 20
09-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
As much as I like the Ambassador-Class myself, if the ingame-representation of it outclasses the Galaxy-R I'm going to scream
Well...it's very *likely* the Ambassador will out-maneuver the current Galaxy in terms of turning. Ambassador should have less crew. Beyond those *educated-guess* speculations, it remains to be seen what Ambassador will offer, and how the BO layout will be. I can imagine it about on par with the Galaxy as it has been stated in various places that the last generation of Ambassador refits put them "on par" with it's younger sister, the Galaxy.

I plan on being one of the first players to purchase one, trade for one, or get one by any means available no matter what

Last edited by paragon92518; 09-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.