Captain
"Rumors of Klingon Intelligence". Okay... We all know Klingons ARE intelligent. How else would they be able to create an empire. How is this a rumor?

"Uncover Intelligence Leak". I keep thinking that this should be a medical assignment for some odd reason...

Then there's that "Egg Bringer" assignment which I don't remember the title to. Makes me think of a Gorn dressed with bunny ears while carrying a basket full of decorated Gorn eggs. Disturbing...
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Dabo!: Yay. GPL for me.
Approve Extended Wilderness Survival Program: I approve. Now what?
Career Officer
# 3
09-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
"Rumors of Klingon Intelligence". Okay... We all know Klingons ARE intelligent. How else would they be able to create an empire. How is this a rumor?
Admittedly I get a good laugh out of this whenever it fails. "Damn, I searched high and low, but I couldn't find an ounce of intelligence amongst the Klingons."
Joined August 2008
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2012, 12:00 AM
I thought this thread was a nice idea, so I went through all doff missions I could find, but apart from what you mentioned, they all made sense to me....boring eh? Maybe my lack of imagination.
Captain
# 5
09-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
Admittedly I get a good laugh out of this whenever it fails. "Damn, I searched high and low, but I couldn't find an ounce of intelligence amongst the Klingons."
Of course you won't be finding an ounce--the Federation uses metric measurements. Try looking for milligrams instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
Then there's that "Egg Bringer" assignment which I don't remember the title to. Makes me think of a Gorn dressed with bunny ears while carrying a basket full of decorated Gorn eggs. Disturbing...
I assumed that the Egg Bringer was some sort of Fertility God/dess in the Gorn religion/myth. Gorn would pray to/revere this figure in the hopes of producing healthy offspring.
Captain
# 6
09-18-2012, 01:10 AM
I like that there are a number of assignements which clearly only matter to the doff you send on the mission (like "partake in an tournament" or "avenge you sibling"), yet you are the one gaining all the benefits - like the Dabo assignement supergaminggeek mentioned.

"Okay boys, take the day off and play a round of Dabo. For me *cough*" *hands them a back with a dollar-sign*
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 7
09-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Any mission where "acquire" is in the name.

"Acquire a supply of shapeshifting lockets": Requires 15 shapeshifting lockets. Why am I acquiring what I already have? More to the point, why am I giving them away to "acquire" them?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
09-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Yeah... that one drove me nuts.

Then it hit me, that I am not the one aquiring.

Ask your bartender the next time he wants to aquire precious Romulan Ale from YOU.
Captain
# 9
09-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
Dabo!: Yay. GPL for me.
Are you sure? Look at how much you're supposed to "win", then look at the amount you're supposed to bet...

though that 5 dil you get from the mission makes it slightly worth it...
Rihannsu
# 10
09-18-2012, 05:35 AM
unless you get disaster or fail you win something! Actually... for maximum crit chance, choose a random purple manually.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.