Commander
# 1 New Robocop
09-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Has anyone seen the new Robocop suit, it's terrible , they said they would keep key features of the original but where are they, he looks like they stole the bat suit and crossed it with iron man . I hope it's a bad joke.
Career Officer
# 2
09-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Well, there's the visored helmet, and uh...

Uhm...

Er...
Commander
# 3
09-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Haha you see couldn't even get one good comment on it sofar haha
Career Officer
# 4
09-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanftd View Post
Has anyone seen the new Robocop suit, it's terrible , they said they would keep key features of the original but where are they, he looks like they stole the bat suit and crossed it with iron man . I hope it's a bad joke.
You're not wrong! Stick the Bat Logo on it and you'd think that they were filming 'The Dark Knight.... collects his pension'. Or something.

Have to be honest though, I'm afraid I'm in the 'why do they need to make this?' camp.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
# 5
09-18-2012, 04:17 AM
I think these days it's a case of we can't be bothered thinking of new ideas so lets bring back the old, in the past so many years we've had Rambo rocky Indiana jones mib3 terminator batman( ok batman was a good choice tho) star trek and many more I can't think of at this time , but up comming is ofcourse robocop, and oh yea bill and ted if you all remember that lol then there's the ninja turtles reboot which I'm dreading as I loved them as s kid and now mr bay is making them aliens tut tut. They are butchering some classic shows/movies.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-18-2012, 05:25 AM
If it's not Peter Weller, I couldn't care less. I have seen the picture and thought, Batman Beyond joke? And what's up with the one organic right hand? Did we try and resurect Michael Jackson? Even RoboCop 3 was better than what is going to happen with this movie, if you can call it a movie.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Career Officer
# 7
09-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanftd View Post
I think these days it's a case of we can't be bothered thinking of new ideas so lets bring back the old, in the past so many years we've had Rambo rocky Indiana jones mib3 terminator batman( ok batman was a good choice tho) star trek and many more I can't think of at this time , but up comming is ofcourse robocop, and oh yea bill and ted if you all remember that lol then there's the ninja turtles reboot which I'm dreading as I loved them as s kid and now mr bay is making them aliens tut tut. They are butchering some classic shows/movies.
Wait..wha?.... they are remaking Bill & Ted??? Nooooooooo .....
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Commander
# 8
09-18-2012, 05:43 AM
Yea bill and ted officially coming Back, however it's the original bill abducted coming back to make a sequel not a reboot
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-18-2012, 05:44 AM
I preferred the old Robo Cop. The new one looks awful cheap looking and doesn't surprise me that it looks half like Batman suit
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-18-2012, 05:50 AM
I was 16 when the first Robocop came out, incidently directed by my current neighbour (nearly) Paul Verhoeven, I see him walking the streets here regularly. As a 16-year old I loved it of course, hands blown off and all that.

But Paul....became the first nominee ever to actually show up at the Razzie Awards, when he personally accepted his Worst Director "award" for Showgirls (1995). He also accepted the Worst Picture award for that film. Which is kind of stylish of him.

But to his credit, in his bio it reads: "Famous for his extremely violent, yet intelligent, science fiction films and often sexually-charged subject matter". "Use of Nazi symbolism/imagery." "Strong visual style with heavy use of special effects."

His only Hollywood films that have not yet had a sequel are Flesh+Blood (1985) and Showgirls (1995). All his other Hollywood epics (RoboCop (1987), Total Recall (1990), Basic Instinct (1992), Starship Troopers (1997) and Hollow Man (2000)) have had one or more sequels made. He did not direct any of them.

Al those sequels were crap. And to be honest, the originals were at best reasonably entertaining B-quality shock pics (although Starship Troopers is still pretty funny I think).

So should we care about Robocop? I think I will not shed a single tear over yet another poorly made Verhoeven re-make.

Last edited by hydaspes; 09-20-2012 at 04:00 AM.