Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Lock Box Drops
09-15-2012, 07:58 AM
So I know that no one will be able to find Tholian lock boxes anymore after the lock box event ends. What about the lock box item drops? Will you still be able to get the mirror universe ships and the Tholian duty officers from the Tholian lock boxes after the event is over?
Captain
# 2
09-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Based on previous boxes, the items within don't go away. You can open a Tholian box a year from now and have the same chance of getting X item as you have today.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Darn. I was going to buy up all the cheap mirror cruisers, but since they won't become a limited item, there would be no point.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't think the Mirror Cruisers are going to increase in value that much simply because they're the same things as the regular version.
Rihannsu
# 5
09-16-2012, 01:14 AM
that being said, items will increase in value because of the perception that they are now harder to get. Even though the chance to win one from a lockbox doesn't change, people will think that lockboxes will be harder to get (which is true, because there is no longer an infinite supply), so there will be a run on all items previously available in that lockbox. Now that there've been a few lockboxes out, some people will probably get wise to that, so the prices won't skyrocket as much as before, but we will see some rise. It's basic economics.
Career Officer
# 6
09-16-2012, 05:00 PM
What about the very rare items? I have tons of old lock boxes in storage in my banks and wait patiently until I can afford to purchase master keys...my question is will I still be able to get a Ferengi Marauder or Cardassian Galor if I open a Ferengi or Cardassian lock box a month from now?
Rihannsu
# 7
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, everything you could get from them during their run is still in there. It'll just smell bad.