Commander
# 21
09-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Don't get me wrong guys I hope it's a great film, castings looks not bad, however at present I can't look past the new look robo suit.
Career Officer
# 22
09-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
..... I love you.
Joined August 2008
Commander
# 23
09-18-2012, 05:47 PM
You know, I am going to go a completely different route with my commentary of the Robosuit than everyone else.

This is exactly what I was expecting. Robocop was very much a product of its era, it was all about lampooning the 80s and its culture, and the design of the robosuit was very much in line with that. If they had just rehashed the old design, the new robocop wouldn't have been a product of its era, but rather an sad attempt to recreate the original.

So, I like it.
Career Officer
# 24
09-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Well... Spoilers:

Keep in mind. This movie has him go to Iran and use non-lethal force to subdue Al Qaeda's leaders. Who are in Iran for some reason.

And by the end of the movie, he turns into a transformer.
Career Officer
# 25
09-18-2012, 07:11 PM
I hate all the remakes there doing, leave all the great movies the way they were, come up with new ideas for films. Its like hollywood has lost its thought maken process when it comes to new great films.

As for the suit, here is the thing, i get that OCP police force always wore black colors, there cop cars were black, there uniforms were black, so on, but to make the suit look like that looks horrid. And indeed looks like batman. Hopefully with the amount of grunts about the suit they will change it.. if they dont, I cant see the film living it up to far.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Career Officer
# 26
09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
I hate all the remakes there doing, leave all the great movies the way they were, come up with new ideas for films. Its like hollywood has lost its thought maken process when it comes to new great films.

As for the suit, here is the thing, i get that OCP police force always wore black colors, there cop cars were black, there uniforms were black, so on, but to make the suit look like that looks horrid. And indeed looks like batman. Hopefully with the amount of grunts about the suit they will change it.. if they dont, I cant see the film living it up to far.
He wears several suits in the movie. Highlight the text of my last post if you want to know how he winds up.
Rihannsu
# 27
09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Hilarious! I would like to think that they might not have created a finished look, but I really don't know. I like the silver mock-up though.

EDIT: OOHHH!!! There's a teaser website: http://www.omnicorp.com/
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 09-18-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 28
09-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
He wears several suits in the movie. Highlight the text of my last post if you want to know how he winds up.
several.. what is he iron cop lol. Yeah just looked at what you posted and thats even worse. See how it all unfolds I guess, robocop was by far one of my favs, and I hate what their doing with it thus far.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Lieutenant
# 29
09-19-2012, 01:18 AM
"I never asked for this"

Looks like Deus Ex's Alex Murphy got a bit of a robatcop makeover. The suit itself doesn't look bad, though I don't get the right hand. I agree with aaronh42 about the 'product of the era' thing, but disagree with him on one vital aspect. It's called Robocop, you expect there to be some kind of homage to it. Something that lets you look at it and think "Yeah, that's Robocop!" But there's nothing about the suit that makes me think of Robocop at all. Sure, a bit of the upper leg detail reminds me of the originals, but that's hardly the first thing that catches your attention. It could just as easily be an armour for GI Joe for all I know from looking at the picture.

The movie might be good, or even great. I won't let the armour marr what I think of it if/when I do see it.
Survivor of Remus
# 30
09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychat View Post
[...]I don't get the right hand.[...]
From other photo's I've seen, the actor is a smoker. Would be difficult to smoke with both those gloves on.