The purpose of this thread is to provide a complete list of bugs or things not working as intended, but ONLY those bugs or annoying things that require systems teams attention.
I will update the thread as new things are reported.
- A bug in a mission is NOT a system team bug
- A bug in a boff\doff ability, Exchange, ships, weapons, items IS a system team bug.
Things worked well with the "forum bugs" thread, so i guessed that something similar could be made for other areas of the game.
I would like to see these bugs addressed asap, because they are annoying to the point that both PvP or PvE experiences are broken because of their existance.
In your response, please be concise and do not report opinions, only facts about bugs.
1) Space Batteries: they only stack up to 20, and they dont re-equip automatically from inventory when you've consumed all of them. Proposed resolution: increase stack limit or have them automatically re-equip from user inventory as they are consumed.
2) Exchange: KDF items are infesting FED searches and viceversa. Proposed resolution: filter faction restricted items including into results only those belonging to the user faction.
3) Exchange: Warfare Specialists are infesting Energy Weapons Officers search results. They need a separate category.
4) Exchange: Fleet Doffs are infesting search results, but they are not tradeable for dilithium or slottable into fleet projects. Proposal: either remove them from Exchange or mark them with a "Fleet" attribute. RESOLVED - See 28/08 tribble patch notes.
5) Items: Character bound items, doffs and sets should become Account bound retroactively, without exception. Nobody wants to do 240 STF runs on each character, or spend 300 millions to equip new toons at max level.
6) Weapons: DMG weapons modifier is mostly useless, greatly increase its bonus to make it a viable alternative to other bonuses.
7) Weapons: CRTH and CRTD weapons modifiers also need a small buff in order to be balanced with ACC modifier.
8) Consoles: Engineering consoles that give more power to a subsystem are totally useless both in PvP and PvE when compared to resistance consoles. Proposal: multiply their effect x3 (so that a purple mk xii console gives +12 power instead of +4).
9) Engineering abilities: aceton beam needs a x3 damage buff
10) Engineering abilities: emergency power to weapons needs its damage buff amount reduced and its duration increased to 30 seconds. Now everyone is slotting EPTS, because of its bonus duration.
11) Engineering doffs: damage control engineer bonus should be not chance based but a fixed amount of seconds. Just like doffs that reduce team abilities cooldown.
12) Engineering abilities: auxiliary power to battery should not trigger a cooldown on emergency power abilities. It should have a shared cooldown with auxiliary to structural and auxiliary to intertial dampeners.
13) Tactical abilities: tactical team is overpowered because of its distribute shield bonus duration, that does not scale with tac team level. Proposal: make distribute shield duration last 5 second for tt1, 10 seconds for tt2 and 15 seconds for tt3.
14) Tactical doffs: some rare and very rare cannon energy weapons officer cooldown reduction is correct but tooltip is wrong (or viceversa). FIXED! See tribble patch notes 18/09/12
15) Science abilities: Mask energy signature is not working in PvP. While when game launched there was a reason for this, now there isn't anymore.
16) Engineering abilities: Emergency power to auxiliary should buff science abilities, not only stealth (stealth is useless unless point 15 is fixed).
17) Science abilities: Photonic Shockwave, Gravity Well, Tyken Rift, Charged particle burst should have their damage benefit ^2 from particle generators consoles
18) Science abilities: Tyken Rift and Tachyon Beam should benefit x2 from flow capacitors consoles
19) Science consoles: All science consoles except field generators and shield emitters are useless because of points 17 and 18.
20) Science abilities: Energy Siphon debuff on target is cleared too easily in PvP
21) Tactical abilities: Fire at Will ability is bugged, because it lacks accuracy either it's not considering weapons accuracy into its formula or accuracy is zero somewhere in the code. Hint: secondary beam accuracy was 100% in a previous iteration, maybe fixing that you broke the ability.
22) Hangar items: Runabouts needs to trigger a "tractor beam immunity" for 15 seconds on the target.
23) Hanger items: Power Siphons are broken, they don't consider target power drain resistances.
24) Skills: Intertial Dampers skill is not considered enough when countering a tractor beam.
25) Science Doffs: Charged Particle Burst ultra-rare doff that has 25% chance to add 1000 radiation damage to the ability, needs to be changed to a 100% chance or it's useless.
26) Engineering Doffs: Warp Core Engineer chance should be 30% and it should be stackable (up to three).
27) Tactical Doffs: Subnuc Energy Weapons Officer has probably been nerfed too much. Proposal: 1% chance.
28) Beam out command: When beaming out of a starbase, avoid asking immediatly if we want to dock again.
29) Sets: Breen and Jem'Hadar sets should have a way (crafting?) to have a mk xii version
30) Sets: STF and PvE sets (Borg, Maco, Omega, Breen) should have their plasma\polaron built-in resistance modified into a BORG\BREEN resistance.
31) Science Doffs: Tachyon Beam doff is not working as intended.
32) Science abilities: Photonic Officer should work as a cooldown reduction, not as a cooldown speed increase, just like doff-triggered cooldown reductions.
33) Weapons: Polarized tetryons are not procing at 10% like they should be. FIXED!
34) Even NPC can easily break tholian webs. Web nodes should be stronger, otherwise the web itself is useless (no nodes, no web = no explosion = useless item)
35) Weapons: Polaron energy drain is fine, however when stacking is a death sentence. A polaron drain immunity should be introduced, just like the one that exists for phasers. FIXED! See tribble patch notes 18/09/12
Let's keep updated this thread as new bugs surface or old bugs are fixed.
Last edited by francescos772; 09-18-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Transwarped to the Gameplay Bugs forum, so the folks in charge of bug extermination will see it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries. Follow me: Twitter,Google