Empire Veteran
# 1 Nothing but admiration for...
04-24-2013, 11:32 AM
.. I'm thinking about it.

4 weeks to go. Nothing really new about the KDF revamp over the last two weeks.

Do forgive my language but I just cannot help but exclaim "Damd we KDF players feel taken for granted" . I'm willing to belive that its not an official policy. But it certainly seems an intentional practice at Cryptic. It may be possibly embarassing to the studio, but thats all the more reason to make sure there is ongoing positive information and communication on it. After all, something like 4/5ths of the KDF PvE experience is getting some major re-work, rebuild, remake, and new content. Eh Gad! KDF story might even tie together and make sense when this is all done!

I know that the emphisis is on the Romulans et al, but we KDF players have been waiting since before game launch. Remember, back when everyone was setting unreachable goals that could not be achived by release date? AH those heady days of pre release development when one day some one turns around and relaized..

We are going to have some unhappy customers. We are not going to be able to have the KDF PvE game done by launch. WHo ever thought it was right. KDF players were not real thrilled with the lack of KDF content and were not content with PvP and monster play.

3 years later... well, three years plus. AN expansion with the Romulans.. oh yea we're adding KDF stuff so KDF has a full PvE experiance.

*beating of Bat'leths on a table*

SO, in all the dev blogs about the Romulan stuff could we have a heads up please on the KDF stuff?

Nice job of selling and promotion on the Rommy stuff, and even sounds like great great fun.

But like most KDF players.. the hard core ones, and the casual KDF who have realized the the KDF's "Is that all there is?" is a sad excuse for a MMO faction experience.

Ok, thats it, that all on the old complaints.. Everyone by now knows what they are.

How about some blogs on the KDF changes eh?

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 04-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
04-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Easy there chief. When it comes, it comes. The Dev blogs are probably paced this way for a reason. According to BranFlake's twitter there's no Dev Blog today, but they will be one tomorrow. I'm not sure what else needs to be explained about the Romulans in Dev Blogs, so who knows what the next one will bring?
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
04-24-2013, 12:44 PM
If you've jumped on Tribble, you've seen that there has been quite a bit of reworking for KDF progression (simply looking at the mission journal). Once we open up Klingon gameplay on Tribble next month, you'll be able to experience it first hand.

We also have a Dev Blog planned to discuss and share information about the KDF changes, but things are still being finalized so it can't be posted just yet.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 4
04-24-2013, 01:06 PM
I think they stated that it was going to be early-May that we start seeing Klingon stuff up.
Republic Veteran
# 5
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
I know that the emphisis is on the Romulans et al, but we KDF players have been waiting since before game launch. Remember, back when everyone was setting unreachable goals that could not be achived by release date? AH those heady days of pre release development when one day some one turns around and relaized..

You realize there are those of us Romulan fans that have been waiting since before launch too, right? And you have had three years of at least some form of Klingon play, whereas, speaking only for myself, have only ever been able to play an "alien" that *looks* like a Romulan (or as close to one can come without the proper textures, and art.)

My original forum name was Galan Vaurek... That's a Romulan name, that I registered for THIS site, back when it was just a timer on the Champions Online page. Do you remember the countdown timer?

I *do* hear your frustration... but please, be mindful that for some of us, we've had to wait longer for *anything* ....

Jolan'tru
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonheld View Post
You realize there are those of us Romulan fans that have been waiting since before launch too, right? And you have had three years of at least some form of Klingon play, whereas, speaking only for myself, have only ever been able to play an "alien" that *looks* like a Romulan (or as close to one can come without the proper textures, and art.)

My original forum name was Galan Vaurek... That's a Romulan name, that I registered for THIS site, back when it was just a timer on the Champions Online page. Do you remember the countdown timer?

I *do* hear your frustration... but please, be mindful that for some of us, we've had to wait longer for *anything* ....

Jolan'tru
Add me to the list of players who have been waiting since before launch to play a Romulan.
Career Officer
# 7
04-24-2013, 02:28 PM
I have played some of the new Klingon tutorial missions up until after Rura Penthe and I think they are really good. Obviously there is some polish to be done (I HOPE), but overall they felt good and appropriate for the Klingons to me. I think they are as good as the Romulan missions and much better than many of the old Federation only missions.

There was a really good part in one mission that I kind of knew something like what happened was going to happen, but it was still really cool when it actually did.
Captain
# 8
04-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonheld View Post
You realize there are those of us Romulan fans that have been waiting since before launch too, right?
Difference is, you were waiting three years to get to the stage that the KDF was at launch. A sort of semi-faction. Which, YAY, happens for you in May.

It's going to be the next three years where you suffer the whims of the development team and how many cups are in the kitchen that you'll get what it's like for the OP and KDF "development."
Empire Veteran
# 9
04-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you've jumped on Tribble, you've seen that there has been quite a bit of reworking for KDF progression (simply looking at the mission journal). Once we open up Klingon gameplay on Tribble next month, you'll be able to experience it first hand.

We also have a Dev Blog planned to discuss and share information about the KDF changes, but things are still being finalized so it can't be posted just yet.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Im happy with the upcomming additions and the Dev blog that will hold some more info the KDF part of May
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
...why do I feel I should cringe and savour these, the "good old days of Klinkplay" BEFORE the great nerf of May 2013?

Why do I feel I will miss the KDF like I miss the pre-Season 7 STF's?
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'."