Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
# 11
04-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Sorry to cough up this old thread of mine. I've came a long way in terms of understanding my build since I last posted on this thread. However, there are four really annoying things that are bugging me as of right now.

first off i'm still running the tactical cruiser. my hoh'sus shoots transphasics so I'm trying to capitalize off it's meager damage bonus. running 1 transphasic tac console the rest are soon to be disruptor coil consoles. running the bortasqu set in my engineering with a nuetronium or +4 weapons power haven't decided. running with the ch'tang console in my science slot and eliminated sciences entirely. standard honor guard set with subvert targeting array and large shield hp to maximize on shield heal and repair skills. I will not surrender the transphasics, unless i get the option to change what my deployable hoh'sus shoots as well i'm kinda stuck with them..

second the tactical cruiser has commander engineering but no commander tac. it's the whole reason the bortasqu isn't much good for pvp but I'll run it anyway. the only thing its limiting is tactical team II which i can't run because of rapid fire and scatter volley. all my problems would be solved by a simple switch up... the bortasqu bundle is suppose to be for all players, yet as a tac commander the tactical cruiser is extremely hampered by the inability to fit just one more power..

third both the other bortasqus have bonus 20 power points while the tactical bortasqu only gets 15+ to weapons that's a whole 5 points. i understand it's going to weapons, but still!

fourth, and not least by the bit. the hit points of fleet variants of every single ship in the game are superior to the zen ships EXCEPT the bortasqu. Why????
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,155
# 12
04-25-2013, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't use transphasics on a Bortasqu, even while using the Hohsus console. That thing is mostly there to just be a diversion and a little dps, but not enough to worry about using transphasics also yourself.

Here is my build, it works great for me in pvp and pve, it has a strong decloaking alpha, and great sutained dps afterward. I use DHC on it, but it can be switched to single cannons if you have trouble piloting it. If you add a torp to this I would only try a quantum or Romulan hyper plasma.

Tac Bortasqu

Lt Cmdr Tac- TT1, CRF1, APO1
Lt Tac- TT1, CSV1

Cmdr Eng- EPTW1, Aux2SIF1, EPTS3, DEM3

Lt Sci- HE1, TSS2
Ensign Sci- Tractor beam 1

Fore- 4 disruptor DHC
aft- 4 turrets

Omega engines
Omega Deflector
Elite shields, or Honor guard or adpated honor guard

eng consoles- bortasqu set and 1 neutronium

sci console- plasmonic leech

tac console- 5 disruptor induction coil

doffs- 3 damage control doffs, 2 conn doffs (attack pattern or evasive manuver versions)
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
# 13
04-25-2013, 05:54 PM
my honor guard set provides 25% bonus to torpedo weapon damage, that's why i'm trying to maximize with the hoh'sus which has high yield 2. i'm just going to have to argue transphasics because that's what it shoots. also my honor guard set is equipeed on the hoh'sus as well, does this mean it has a bonus to torpedo damage as well?
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
# 14
04-25-2013, 05:56 PM
oh and thank you for posting your build
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 306
# 15
04-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykum View Post
...my hoh'sus shoots transphasics so I'm trying to capitalize off it's meager damage bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I wouldn't use transphasics on a Bortasqu, even while using the Hohsus console.
Forgive my ignorance, but do pets get any buff at all from the parent ship's tac consoles? I can't find anything saying they do. AFAIK, carrier pets only get buffed by the carrier's Aux levels and that only buffs their launch speed.


EDIT: STOWiki says that carrier pets are not buffed by consoles. So the question now is, is the Bortasqu's HoH'SuS pet treated as a carrier pet?
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!

Last edited by zordar01; 04-25-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,155
# 16
04-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but do pets get any buff at all from the parent ship's tac consoles? I can't find anything saying they do. AFAIK, carrier pets only get buffed by the carrier's Aux levels and that only buffs their launch speed.


EDIT: STOWiki says that carrier pets are not buffed by consoles. So the question now is, is the Bortasqu's HoH'SuS pet treated as a carrier pet?
This is a good question. I have heard that non-hangar pets are treated differently and weapon damage consoles like Disruptor coils or torpedo consoles do benefit pets like the Hohsus but im not sure, I haven't tested it myself.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,155
# 17
04-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykum View Post
my honor guard set provides 25% bonus to torpedo weapon damage, that's why i'm trying to maximize with the hoh'sus which has high yield 2. i'm just going to have to argue transphasics because that's what it shoots. also my honor guard set is equipeed on the hoh'sus as well, does this mean it has a bonus to torpedo damage as well?
Its not worth worrying about your torpedo damage at the expense of your energy damage in most situations. Use all the tac consoles for your disruptors so you can maximze DHC and autocannon damage, don't worry about what the Hohsus transphasic damage does.
The hohsus is just there to complete your 3 piece set and act as diversion and support. It is very unreliable as it dies a lot so don't base your build around what it uses. You are in one of the highest dps ships in the game, that is where your damage comes from. Just use 4 DHC or 3 DHC and 1 quantum or Romulan torp if you must use a torp. Your DPS will be much higher.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
# 18
04-26-2013, 05:05 AM
I kind of doubt it buffs the hoh'sus, but I'm curious to know too. Off to the Kahless expanse.

lol damage floaters like cheating!

and I didn't base my build around the hoh'sus. but I did equip the ch'tang console which means I can jump, teleport target in front of me, and my hoh'sus can jump behind as well

synergy!

Last edited by lykum; 04-26-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
# 19
04-26-2013, 05:08 AM
oh and I have two purple quality torp duty officers. so in theory if they both proc then that means I shoot 6 tranphasics and my hoh'sus shoots 3 so that's nine transphasic torpedos which should be about equal to 2 or 3 direct photon torpedo hits on the hull. haven't run the math, perhaps I should.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 20
04-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykum View Post
oh and I have two purple quality torp duty officers. so in theory if they both proc then that means I shoot 6 tranphasics and my hoh'sus shoots 3 so that's nine transphasic torpedos which should be about equal to 2 or 3 direct photon torpedo hits on the hull. haven't run the math, perhaps I should.
That's not how PWOs work. They reduce the cooldown of torpedo weapons, they don't add additional torpedoes to a firing cycle. Nor do they apply their bonus to pets.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.