Commander
# 1 PvP Revival
09-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I have taken upon myself along side with my small group of Turkish RP Heroes, to host a TS channel named INTERNATIONAL PVP. Which will host all PvP fleets in effort to not only have verbal communication with one another but a collective "Mecca" for all of us to convene/converse, rather than bicker on a forum that is not even taken seriously. We as a whole can take it upon ourselves to create a collective community to make our own rules to ensure the enabling of both entertaining and balanced matches.

Now I understand the mere fact that all PvP communities have their own channel of sorts. This is to address the times we have all logged onto our TS', Mumbles, and Vents to find nobody online. Sure OrganizedPvP addresses this function in textual format, but a verbal community will serve a more efficient method to achieve our collective goal. The goal we all want, is the reviving of PvP in Star Trek Online.

Mail or PM @PaxOttomana for further details. This is the best I can do as an individual for a community that desperately needs to drop its animosity and unite. PvP revival does not rest in the hands of the Devs, but those who desire it for it to be revived. And those who desire for it to be revived need to clean up their act, unite, and then pressure the devs to make changes.

Elements of this post can also be found on the sub nuke doff nerf thread.

Take care everyone,

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (Role Playing in the PvP Queues since 2011).
Career Officer
# 2
09-24-2012, 01:37 AM
I dunno Pax, if i'm PVPing i tend to hang out on LAG TS, Talk100 TS or Apoc TS. And before that Risa Squadron TS, Panda Vent and Unfound's Mumble.

Can ya see where i'm coming from?
Commander
# 3
09-24-2012, 04:32 AM
Jumping from TS to TS etc, is not going to unify our stance with the devs nor fix or establish a good balanced method of play between players. Which is the immidiate and main concern we're expecting from the Devs. This suggestion comes at your personal cost of letting go of some stubborn nature and past hard feelings in return for some prosperity.

Each fleet will have their own respected area in this TS. There will of course be a general PvP and chat area but at least we're all together. Taking a stance together, communicating together, and ultimately being organized internationally to represent PvP in order to revive and fix it, is our goal.

Because pvp is broken and dying strictly because of us. It's hard to believe, but really, if we go around trolling fleets like ISC (which now is broken up due to internal frustrations regarding pvp and a number of other things) then there will be no communities left.

Coup de grace, battle group atlantis, tos veterans, and a lot more are either gone or about to dissolve.

We are denying ourselves people to play with at this going rate with our attitudes towards one another. That is the blunt and obvious truth to this all. It's up to each and every individual to decide weather to go through with this or not.
Career Officer
# 4
09-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Jumping from TS to TS etc, is not going to unify our stance with the devs nor fix or establish a good balanced method of play between players. Which is the immidiate and main concern we're expecting from the Devs. This suggestion comes at your personal cost of letting go of some stubborn nature and past hard feelings in return for some prosperity.

Each fleet will have their own respected area in this TS. There will of course be a general PvP and chat area but at least we're all together. Taking a stance together, communicating together, and ultimately being organized internationally to represent PvP in order to revive and fix it, is our goal.

Because pvp is broken and dying strictly because of us. It's hard to believe, but really, if we go around trolling fleets like ISC (which now is broken up due to internal frustrations regarding pvp and a number of other things) then there will be no communities left.

Coup de grace, battle group atlantis, tos veterans, and a lot more are either gone or about to dissolve.

We are denying ourselves people to play with at this going rate with our attitudes towards one another. That is the blunt and obvious truth to this all. It's up to each and every individual to decide weather to go through with this or not.
It's a novel idea don't get me wrong. I'd like to jump on TS sometime. But between these forums and OPVP plus the fact that people from fleets move between TS's when they team up, I don't think it's a massive thing. We're a pretty unified front, sure some fleets make ripples, some people don't like others. PVP is NOT broken and dying strictly because of us. While it may be said with some certainty that we had a hand in it, I don't think you can blame a community for wanting to improve and be better then adverage. PVP is dying because of a lot of things, Cryptic, for example.