Starfleet Veteran
# 1 PvP Status
09-20-2012, 10:38 AM
What the hell is wrong with it currently. Believe it or not when I am in a pvp with my friends , I am acutlly playing a player v player style of game, and results in me winning. So why are complaining it is bad. Also anyone else think it was a bad idea for pwe to introduce comments on dev blogs etc? Think about it this way (pretend senario)
I have never played STO and I come to the site look the comments and I see "This sucks" or "too little content" and lots of negative. Do I want to play ... nah! In real life the game is awsome and PLEASE NO ONE TELL ME OTHERWISE Ok thanks of for your time!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 2
09-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Call me when u get bored of play the same 3 maps for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc..

And the current state of PvP balance is not bad as it was before, a few months ago pvp was totally broken with the phaser procs, choniton procs, and so on. But still needs a lot of work
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Career Officer
# 3
09-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
What the hell is wrong with it currently. Believe it or not when I am in a pvp with my friends , I am acutlly playing a player v player style of game, and results in me winning. So why are complaining it is bad. Also anyone else think it was a bad idea for pwe to introduce comments on dev blogs etc? Think about it this way (pretend senario)
I have never played STO and I come to the site look the comments and I see "This sucks" or "too little content" and lots of negative. Do I want to play ... nah! In real life the game is awsome and PLEASE NO ONE TELL ME OTHERWISE Ok thanks of for your time!
I'm glad you enjoy it, and tbh with friends, pvp is awesome. Thing is that in time, you get bored fighting same friends over and over too. Maybe you don't but I do. You want some variety, some different things to be mixed in PVP somehow for ex like the sorties KDF missions were supposed to become pvp 1+ years ago. Same thing as pve, shooting stupid npc in same stfs over and over, for weeks and months gets tired. That's our pain, not that in fact you can have fun, lol, I can only hope you'll enjoy the game in one year as much as you do now.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
09-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Perhaps he is doing PvP only for one week...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Career Officer
# 5
09-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Perhaps he is doing PvP only for one week...
I say a day tops.
Divine Protectorate Gaming
STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Ive done the same 3 damn maps so many times I've made up names for all of the artifacts in every one.

There has not been a single line of code added to improve PVP since the game released. They have fixed a few bugs that new content for PVE has created, but all that has done is bring us right back to the same old stale PVP we have had for 3 years. In fact, they have removed 1 PVP map, so we actually have less after 3 years than we started with. I still like Q'ing up, but not for 8 hours a day like I used to. I also have lost any interest in spending any more money on the game. Not for the same 3 maps day in & day out.

Instead, we get nice new chair tech. And now we can look at the credits for the names of the people who have ignored us for the last 3 years while we wait 15 minutes for a Que to pop.. PVP & the Klingon faction mean ZERO to Cryptic, or their PWE overlords.
They.Simply.Do.Not.Care.
Not 1 single little bit.
Actions speak far louder than words.
Of course, they will say new content is coming soon for PVP. It won't. They just want us to keep opening lock boxes, so they lie. I'm sure there's a fancy business word for lying to keep your customers spending $ but I'm too medicated ATM to think of it.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-22-2012, 01:59 AM
hmmm I see your point guys, actully I am a 400 day veteran, and still love blowing up things! So, you want pvp maps, what sort would keep you guys happy?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-22-2012, 02:41 AM
I still love the PVP in this game, I just wish we could get new maps & new modes of play. Even something as simple as a non resetting persistent open PVP zone. Anything at all. They had added NOTHING since beta.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,