Lieutenant
# 1 Horta
09-18-2012, 09:06 PM
I learned [the hard way] that the Dilithium Horta was a consumable. I later looked on the STOWiki to find that they don't mention this [IMO] important fact.

So if I craft a normal Horta -- would that combat pet be a consumable as well? [I have a Horta hatchling and not sure what to do with it.]

Thanks.

Vulcan Science Officer -- Captain of the U.S.S. Ocis Coda [Tholian Recluse]
Ambassador of the Triumvirate of the Temporal Empire.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-18-2012, 09:37 PM
The crafted Horta is not a consumable, iirc it has ~5 minute cooldown shared with the Acid and Polytrinic Hortas.

I googled the Dilithium Horta and the STOWiki page that comes up top is the Dilithium Horta Hatchling which is a smaller non-combat version of the Dilithium Horta:

http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium_Horta

The consumable combat version is shown here:

http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium_Encrusted_Horta
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Oh! I see. Thank you!

Vulcan Science Officer -- Captain of the U.S.S. Ocis Coda [Tholian Recluse]
Ambassador of the Triumvirate of the Temporal Empire.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Career Officer
# 4
09-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizzy View Post
So if I craft a normal Horta -- would that combat pet be a consumable as well? [I have a Horta hatchling and not sure what to do with it.]

Thanks.
Note: by crafting the combat companion, you do lose your cute little 'pet' Horta. But you can also replay the Reman mission to get another one...
Captain
# 5
09-18-2012, 11:15 PM

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 09-20-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Commander
# 6
09-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I've done the Enemy Mine (title?) mission 4 times. The first time on my main I seem to remember a sub mission where we find Romulans shooting Horta eggs and getting to contact the Horta. It seems this is now gone from the mission. Or am I missing something?
Just say no to ARC
Rihannsu
# 7
09-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
I've done the Enemy Mine (title?) mission 4 times. The first time on my main I seem to remember a sub mission where we find Romulans shooting Horta eggs and getting to contact the Horta. It seems this is now gone from the mission. Or am I missing something?
http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Mine_Enemy

I haven't done it recently, but the hatrchling should still be one of the rewards.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Commander
# 8
09-19-2012, 10:28 AM
The hatchling is gotten as reward for completing the mission. The blueprint is gotten by doing it again. The No Kill I accolade was done by entering a room after overhearing Hakeev and Janek. There was a room you could go in with Romulans shooting Horta egg. They would attack, you adjust their attitudes decisively, then scan a perfectly circular area to reveal a tunnel. You can then go in, talk to the Horta for the Accolade, then pick up the Horta egg near the left pilar. This portion doesn't seem to be available anymore.
Just say no to ARC
Career Officer
# 9
09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
... They would attack, you adjust their attitudes decisively, then scan a perfectly circular area to reveal a tunnel. You can then go in, talk to the Horta for the Accolade, then pick up the Horta egg near the left pilar. This portion doesn't seem to be available anymore.
You're sure about this??? I never had to pick up a Horta 'sillicon nodule' to get my Accolade & pet Horta. Just talking to the Horta after the Romulan 'attitude adjustment' is enough for the 'pet Horta'. (Which is rewarded when the mission is turned in...)
Commander
# 10
09-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I just read the Stowiki and it seems to match. It is what I remember the mission playing as when I first ran it. It seems to have changed, as yes, now you don't go into the Horta room or face the Romulan troops there, you don't scan the round tunnel entrance anymore or blast it to open it. The stuff is just given when you cash the mission in. I want to see the mission as it was before.
Just say no to ARC