# 21
09-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Why am I so not surprised.....
Captain
# 22
09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Not quite... this promotion runs to the 27th... after which I assume we'll get another kind of lockbox. That new one could still have the timeship rewards that people are speculating about.
Exactly. The timeship lockbox could start appearing on Sept. 30 and still would be the latter part of the month. Although, why any company would release content on a Sunday is beyond me.
Community Moderator
# 23
09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
I've got a question...

Have the loot tables already been adjusted for the Cardassian and Ferengi lock boxes in-game, or will that only happen after the promotion starts?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
09-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
I hear that! I thought about getting one for my To'Duj fighter + a single Cannon to have the look of a proper fighter!
If the point of re hatching these boxes is to give everyone a chance, which from this conversation seems to be the point.

"Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes:
There are players that may have joined the game recently who were not around when they were first introduced. Or, those who couldn't purchase Master Keys at the time, couldn't play, we're AFK, etc."

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/s...02051733135360

Why not make them a per character unlock like they did w/ the stupid EV suits and place them on the c-store for 700 zen each?
Community Moderator
# 25
09-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
I've got a question...

Have the loot tables already been adjusted for the Cardassian and Ferengi lock boxes in-game, or will that only happen after the promotion starts?
More than likely post patch tomorrow.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Commander
# 26
09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Not quite... this promotion runs to the 27th... after which I assume we'll get another kind of lockbox. That new one could still have the timeship rewards that people are speculating about.

Also, it sounds like the Lobi store is being changed so that previously-offered items will remain in stock indefinitely? So we'll basically get access to new stuff occasionally and have the opportunity to buy the stuff we missed before.

I think I'm going to be opening quite a few Ferengi lockboxes I saved up, based on the changes to that lockbox. I still want that D'Kora! But having better quality drops and more Lobi rewards is what makes me want to buy keys for 'em.
Ok, so what's "limited" about this promo? That the boxes are dropping again from killing mobs or is the updated loot table the limited part?
Captain
# 27
09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
Why not make them a per character unlock like they did w/ the stupid EV suits and place them on the c-store for 700 zen each?
Because those dont sell since they are a)overpriced and b)character unlock and only play a role in exactly 3 mission areas (have you seen anyone doing LOL Nukara lately?).
Empire Veteran
# 28
09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Still nothing in that lobi store or lockbox worth blowing any dilithium over or actually paying for...
Republic Veteran
# 29
09-19-2012, 01:00 PM
I think you mean "they're"
Community Moderator
# 30
09-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Quote:
Exactly. The timeship lockbox could start appearing on Sept. 30 and still would be the latter part of the month. Although, why any company would release content on a Sunday is beyond me.
I believe those two timeship's will be the new 1000 day veteran rewards, but wont be long before we find out for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Ok, so what's "limited" about this promo? That the boxes are dropping again from killing mobs or is the updated loot table the limited part?
That the old lockboxes are dropping again, they'll stop dropping after the 27th.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.