Career Officer
# 31
09-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
If the point of re hatching these boxes is to give everyone a chance, which from this conversation seems to be the point.

"Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes:
There are players that may have joined the game recently who were not around when they were first introduced. Or, those who couldn't purchase Master Keys at the time, couldn't play, we're AFK, etc."

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/s...02051733135360

Why not make them a per character unlock like they did w/ the stupid EV suits and place them on the c-store for 700 zen each?
Exactly, the old tired excuse of CBS not letting them put these on for general sale is looking more and more like the bs we thought it was from the beginning.

If it was to just make more money fine, but do not try to cover up the shady business you have become and at least just tell the truth...
Career Officer
# 32
09-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Not to nitpick....

But, the Ferengi box has a chance for 10 items while the Cardassian only has 8 items. Looks like the Ferengi one is a better choice... the Cardassian only edging it out because of the Spiral Waves..

Maybe add another GQ Doff pack to the Cardassian box... not a Mini-Pack.. a full blown one..

I am happy to see the return of a few Ferengi Items tho.. started saving up 200 Lobi on my alts w/o that Console 62 ^_^

I had a feeling in my lobes you might say that investing in the Tholian Carrier was a bad idea. Glad I held onto my Weavers tho...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
09-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Still nothing in that lobi store or lockbox worth blowing any dilithium over or actually paying for...
The suit might not sell but I bet that a ship would...
Career Officer
# 34
09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
The suit might not sell but I bet that a ship would...
Id buy the ships in a heartbeat if they were in the cstore, but in chance lockboxes never...
Rihannsu
# 35
09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
I think you mean "they're"
Yes yes... sorry and I can't edit the title so live with it Mr Spelling..person...
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Commander
# 36
09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Exactly, the old tired excuse of CBS not letting them put these on for general sale is looking more and more like the bs we thought it was from the beginning.

If it was to just make more money fine, but do not try to cover up the shady business you have become and at least just tell the truth...
Even if the lock boxes were avilable 24/7 and lets face it with the exchange they are always avilable. They are still more rare then the regular ships. One lockbox ship = 1 toon with the ship.

While an account wide unlock is still for all toons on their account. And how many folks only have 1 toon.

So I still buy the line on CBS not wanting to open the flood gates with non-fed ships.
Commander
# 37
09-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
I think you mean "they're"
Maybe he was talking about their backs? Ever think of that?
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
09-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
I'm confused. If the point of putting ships in a lockbox was to keep them available and yet rare, why bring them up again. I mean if you guys are just going to keep giving people more chances to get them, why not just put them up on the C-store in the FIRST place...
They still are rare but now new players also have a chance to get those ships. Plus - the boxes will be there only for a week. I guess it's a good thing.
Captain
# 39
09-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Wow... it's been a while since I saw them come that close to admitting they actually did something wrong

Well at least you didn't leave the poor old cardassian in it's previously hideous state. But honestly, the only way to truly end a disease is to stop it at the source. As long as lock boxes are dropping, no matter how much good stuff you give to them, there will always be complaints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
09-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
They still are rare but now new players also have a chance to get those ships. Plus - the boxes will be there only for a week. I guess it's a good thing.
I guess my confusion comes from having played WoW. See in WoW when a mount is called rare it means insanely hard to get and usually only available for a limited time. There are mounts in that game that aren't even available anymore giving those who did get to grab them a sense of prestige.

Reintroducing a mount makes it less than rare IMO. It depreciates it's value.