Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
Title says it all. Despite the overwhelming demand for account-wide lobi it still does not happen and they now re-open the lobi store previous items. Sure would be nice to be able to get some of them if the lobi wasnt spread over multiple characters.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Wait what? Yes for account wide lobi but what.... they're bringing backl the old stuff?
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Wait what? Yes for account wide lobi but what.... they're bringing backl the old stuff?
Yes, starting tomorrow, and for a week. They also bumped up the previously underwhelming lockbox contents in the cardie and ferengi boxes to the tholian box standard. But yeah - WTF with the lobi being character bound and not account bound?
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I see, thanks. Too busy playing the game and not reading the main page lol.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Community Moderator
# 5
09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
My reading of the announcement is that the Ferengi and Tholian items will stay in the Lobi store even after they introduce the new lockbox at the end of the month.

I too would like to see account-bound Lobi. But they need to plug anything that smells like an exploit before they can do something like that; they have previously stated that making Lobi tradeable between characters would be an exploit. Probably due to the "free Lobi" people can get.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 6
09-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Probably due to the "free Lobi" people can get.
Yes, all those free lobi that Cryptic says we can/will be able to get. I suppose if someone has 10+ characters and did the FE reruns on all of them it would be an exploit, but for the average player I doubt it. But I will let Cryptic have this one and say it would be an exploit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Career Officer
# 7
09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
dognabbit..I counted amongst my 13 toons enough lobis for 3 more carriers..........but NOOO they be spread nicely amongst them all and pretty useless......
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Community Moderator
# 8
09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Yes, all those free lobi that Cryptic says we can/will be able to get. I suppose if someone has 10+ characters and did the FE reruns on all of them it would be an exploit, but for the average player I doubt it. But I will let Cryptic have this one and say it would be an exploit.
Actually, I'm thinking more along the lines of the free Lobi crystal you can get with the Hacked Lockbox mission.

Create alt character. Get free Lobi. Delete alt character. Repeat. All Day Long.

The mission isn't time gated and you can do it on every character you have. Unlimited (albeit slow) Lobi generation, if they were account-bound. Not useful for casual players with real jobs, but for farmers it would be a gold mine.

Then you have to factor in that many Lobi store items come in a box that you can put on the exchange, they're only bound if you unpack them. Then you'd have potentially unlimited EC generation as well.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 9
09-19-2012, 03:17 PM
simple solution is to remove lobi rewards from the hacked lockbox mission then.

FE lobi reward can be turned into something different. Instead of lobi make the rewards for those be some of the low-level ex-lockbox rewards. duty officer packs, holonovel pieces, etc.

lobi should come from lockboxes only. make it account wide. problem solved.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
simple solution is to remove lobi rewards from the hacked lockbox mission then.

FE lobi reward can be turned into something different. Instead of lobi make the rewards for those be some of the low-level ex-lockbox rewards. duty officer packs, holonovel pieces, etc.

lobi should come from lockboxes only. make it account wide. problem solved.
QFT.

It would not surprise me in the least if lobi were only available outside of lockboxes solely to provide the exact excuse being used by Cryptic against it being account-wide. The non-lockbox lobi sources don't provide sufficient amounts to warrant keeping them in-game and keeping lobi per character. So just eliminate them and make lobi account-bound. Simple and easy.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!