Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 21
09-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Actually, I'm thinking more along the lines of the free Lobi crystal you can get with the Hacked Lockbox mission.

Create alt character. Get free Lobi. Delete alt character. Repeat. All Day Long.

The mission isn't time gated and you can do it on every character you have. Unlimited (albeit slow) Lobi generation, if they were account-bound. Not useful for casual players with real jobs, but for farmers it would be a gold mine.

Then you have to factor in that many Lobi store items come in a box that you can put on the exchange, they're only bound if you unpack them. Then you'd have potentially unlimited EC generation as well.
I don't even think that little mission would be an issue... if they feel it is all they have to do is remove it. Frankly if that is what they are worried about they have issues, with how they are viewing things... I mean as a non farmer... I easily make 100 mil ec a day at this point... why the heck would I be wasting my time for 100-300 lobi crystals a day in light of that... I can make enough ec to buy 2 orbs... or a recluse daily, if I can do that I can only imagine what the hard core farmer folk could manage.
Career Officer
# 22
09-20-2012, 08:23 AM
I too think they ought to make Lobi Bind to Account. At the cost of losing the free introduction, or upping the level requirement for it. The very least Cryptic could do is not put any more bind on pickup items in the Lobi store.

Of course, that's the entire reason for them doing so. Your energy whips. Your Tholian swords. You want one on any character other than the one you've been opening lockboxes with, you have to open up to 13 lockboxes. No account-binding so you can send them from alts. Certainly no exchange. (Though I suppose you can buy the keys by that route, that's still rather irritating a thing to have to do when you've got 400 Lobi sitting in your main's inventory.)

Also, as to the Lobi store update...

Where are you guys reading that they're restoring the old stuff to the store? I didn't take that away from the dev blog. It said some of the past items were returning, but I've seen no mention of specifics such as the Holographic MACO bridge officer becoming available again.

Though we'll know soon enough, I guess.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 09-20-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-20-2012, 08:40 AM
remove the hacked lockbox and hacked key, then adjust the mission to contain details that you can get lobi crystals then afterwards it opens the lobi store. so instead of having the lobi crystal in your inventory where it takes up space, incorporate the store onto the drop down list in the UI instead. remove the problem completely then make it account wide.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I hope they don't put any more bind on pickup stuff in the Lobi Store in the future. I had _just_ enough to buy the rule 62 today. I also wanted the Golden Knowledge device, but didn't have enough Lobi.

Why couldn't I have purchased both of these off of the exchange? Let people who have buckets of RL cash open the boxes and get their EC's from people like me.
Commander
# 25
09-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
My reading of the announcement is that the Ferengi and Tholian items will stay in the Lobi store even after they introduce the new lockbox at the end of the month.

I too would like to see account-bound Lobi. But they need to plug anything that smells like an exploit before they can do something like that; they have previously stated that making Lobi tradeable between characters would be an exploit. Probably due to the "free Lobi" people can get.

1. so that means all items are permanent in the lobi store? there not just going to say those items will be there then all of a sudden they remove them?

2. why not just replace the free lobi item that comes with the quest to a lobi ticket bound to character and with that leaving lobi account bound?
Community Moderator
# 26
09-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
1. so that means all items are permanent in the lobi store? there not just going to say those items will be there then all of a sudden they remove them?
Not sure I'd want to bet on it, but I think chances are good that most stuff will be there indefinitely.

PWE got a lot of negative feedback when the Ferengi stuff went away, and this is a good move on their part.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 27
09-20-2012, 10:35 PM
They're getting a lot of negative feedback from lobi not being account wide for a long time.

It just sucks to have 100 in one toon, 20 in another and 80 in the third and not be able to buy the 200 lobi item for one of those characters because they cant be shared by the toons.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 28
09-20-2012, 11:30 PM
What's with the Ferengi whip? It was 15 Lobi and now it's 50. Surely that is excessive inflation even for a Ferengi, also disappointed that the Ferengi set is still 600 Lobi (200 a piece), it's more value to get the Ferengi Shuttle or Tholian Widow for half that.

PWE/Cryptic, please it's bad enough we only get a min of 4 Lobi per box, but at least make the items value for money, more an incentive to open boxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 29
09-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Not sure I'd want to bet on it, but I think chances are good that most stuff will be there indefinitely.

PWE got a lot of negative feedback when the Ferengi stuff went away, and this is a good move on their part.

Thanks, i hope it will be...
Lieutenant
# 30
09-21-2012, 08:48 AM
I understand the need for account wide Lobi. I want it too, and I hope Cryptic makes that happen soon. However, the work around is simple enough that it shouldn't be as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

All you have to do is look at what's in the lobi store and see what you want for each toon. Buy your keys, mail them to whatever toon needs them, and let that toon open boxes until they have the right amount of lobi. Just assume you will get the minimum of 4 lobi from each box and aim to open that amount of boxes. If you get more, and meet your goal in fewer boxes, well great. Get your goodies and mail your leftover keys to the next toon.

Think ahead before you start ripping into those boxes!