Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 31
09-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
What's with the Ferengi whip? It was 15 Lobi and now it's 50. Surely that is excessive inflation even for a Ferengi, also disappointed that the Ferengi set is still 600 Lobi (200 a piece), it's more value to get the Ferengi Shuttle or Tholian Widow for half that.

PWE/Cryptic, please it's bad enough we only get a min of 4 Lobi per box, but at least make the items value for money, more an incentive to open boxes.
the whip was 15 when you got one lobi per box, meaning you had to open 15 boxes. Now you get a minimum of 4 per box, so do the math....

4 x 13 = 52

They lowered the price per whip by at least 2 boxes. Possibly lowered it even more, since 4 lobi is the lowest amount you will get out of a box.

So you should thank them for lowering the price of the whip, not complaining because they raised it.

Math is your friend.
Career Officer
# 32
09-21-2012, 10:21 AM
it is fleet system testing that is why not account wide
Captain
# 33
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
i think the average lobi you get from a box is 6-7.

to be honest, i would have bought a few keys maybe if they werent bound on character...too bad they are. But then again, i never bought z-points dirctly, and proud of it.

on topic: a well expected fail i would say...or did somebody really hope this would be a priority for cryptic? After all it is only customer feedback, and it would involve atleast 2 hours of coding to change the free lobi box mission and make them account bound.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 34
09-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim83 View Post
I understand the need for account wide Lobi. I want it too, and I hope Cryptic makes that happen soon. However, the work around is simple enough that it shouldn't be as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

All you have to do is look at what's in the lobi store and see what you want for each toon. Buy your keys, mail them to whatever toon needs them, and let that toon open boxes until they have the right amount of lobi. Just assume you will get the minimum of 4 lobi from each box and aim to open that amount of boxes. If you get more, and meet your goal in fewer boxes, well great. Get your goodies and mail your leftover keys to the next toon.

Think ahead before you start ripping into those boxes!
Its not that simple. I have the bulk of my lobi on the character I had at the time the lobi came out. That character is focused on flying one type of ship and already has all the gear he needs. I made a new character for another ship... and that toon could use items from the lobi store.

So I tried to put lobi on that character... but after too many 1-lobi and then min-4 lobi boxes only experience I realized I would never reach the lobi amount by the time the boxes went away so I stopped.

In the future, we dont know what new items will be added to the store nor which characters would benefit from them.

That means that i'm screwed no matter what I do lobi-wise. Opening boxes in different accounts for the lobi is not a solution, it is a frustrating experience and frustrating things spook customers away mighty fast.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg