Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 334
# 1 EPtS x 2 or EPtS + ?
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
In my fleet patrol sciscort, would I do better with 2x EPtS or with just 1 EPtS and something else?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 2
09-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Given you're a Science Captain, it'd definitely be worth investigating EPtS 1 / Aux2Battery 1 with 3 purple DOffs for Aux2Battery, since it would allow you to get close to Tactical power uptime in a manner similar Tactical Intiative. Of course, it does drain your Aux power, so, be wary of that.

That said, what're planning for weapons and your other BOff powers?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 3
09-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Another option is 2 EPTx + 2 Damge control doffs... you can keep both copies up most of the time that way.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 4
09-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Another option is 2 EPTx + 2 Damge control doffs... you can keep both copies up most of the time that way.
Damned it! Thats what I forgot to change on my Som last night. My DOffs!!!
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 5
09-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Damned it! Thats what I forgot to change on my Som last night. My DOffs!!!
I'm sure you rocked it anyway... fun little ship right.
Loving mine... Klinks have a usable raptor... its crazy. Its not perfect... and needs a 5th tac console to really be = to the fed version... but I'll take it.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,628
# 6
09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
yay for somraw love! even the non fleet retrofit is better then a qin. its kind of like a kdf defiant that turns slightly less and is less durable, but gives that up for the innate cloak. i hear the fleet version has a .9+ shield mod, so that makes it at least better then federation non fleet escorts.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 7
09-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
I'm sure you rocked it anyway... fun little ship right.
Loving mine... Klinks have a usable raptor... its crazy. Its not perfect... and needs a 5th tac console to really be = to the fed version... but I'll take it.
Against TSI and SP in the Arean? No No No.

Second worst PvP showing of my career with just over 52k in damage and 200k in healing.

I love the FL Somraw, I just did not use it well in that match.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 8
09-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
I'm sure you rocked it anyway... fun little ship right.
Loving mine... Klinks have a usable raptor... its crazy. Its not perfect... and needs a 5th tac console to really be = to the fed version... but I'll take it.
I actually prefer the Qin in theory. It has more SPs (even when the Raw has more consoles) and more eng consoles. It also has more HPs.

Of course I prefer the Fleet Vorcha in reality to both anyway which is why I bought it first
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 334
# 9
09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Another option is 2 EPTx + 2 Damge control doffs... you can keep both copies up most of the time that way.
Hmm... for some reason I always thought there was a shared cooldown between the different EPTx abilities. Does this mean I could run EPtE and EPtS without any common cooldown between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
Given you're a Science Captain, it'd definitely be worth investigating EPtS 1 / Aux2Battery 1 with 3 purple DOffs for Aux2Battery, since it would allow you to get close to Tactical power uptime in a manner similar Tactical Intiative. Of course, it does drain your Aux power, so, be wary of that.

That said, what're planning for weapons and your other BOff powers?
My current build is:

Polaron weapons: 3xDHC, 3xTurret, 1xDBB [Acc]x3.

Tac BO1: TT1, APD1, BO3, CRF3
Tac BO2: TT1, APD1, CSV2
Eng BO: EPtS 1, Aux2Damp
Sci BO1: TTS1, HE2
Sci BO2 (Universal Slot): TB1

Doffs = 3 Shield Distribution Officers, a Sensors Officer, and a Tractor Beam Officer.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 10
09-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabelgrave View Post
Hmm... for some reason I always thought there was a shared cooldown between the different EPTx abilities. Does this mean I could run EPtE and EPtS without any common cooldown between them?
How EPT___ + EPT___ +EPT___ +EPT____ works is by uptime.

EPTS 30sec uptime and 45 second cool-down. 2nd copy of EPTS is placed on 30sec cool down while placing other EPT___ on 15sec Cool down.

So in 15sec mark, you can activate EPTS___ for 30 seconds. In 15 sec you activate EPTS 2nd copy and you keep this process going with a single key bind. Through in re-distrubute shields and you don't have to think about a lot of that uptime. It is simply there.


^^^ EDIT... I should not drink on my day off and post. WTH was I trying to say again. LOL
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 AM.