Ensign
# 1 September 20 patch my feedback
09-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Alright, not to stir up the pot or anything, but, it seems like a great patch, how ever the party where it states "UI:

Chairs now have their own custom interact icon."

That's the only problem I have, why would you need interact icons when you can /emote sit_chair, not click a button and be seated in the chair, it ruins many aspects of the game and role play, if chairs have there own interact icon thats more glitter and more game lag, I can almost barly run the game at a 30 fps, and I don't intend to upgrade my computer to play STO because of patchs, not to be rude.
But how ever if this patch does come into affect I will more then likely never spend money on this game again due to huge preference issues with the recent patchs including the sesion 6 patch that made a rather large performance issue not to mention chairs with glitter on them it's going to generate more lag for players and ultimately ruin the RP experience, so essentially your making them game more like world of war craft, we want to be able to /emote sit_chair not click drop a drop down menu to sit, I highly disagree with this as do many other players, I spoke to multiple fleets on vent concerning this and they seem to think this patch with the chairs makes no scenes what so ever, it will ruin RP.
You mise as well remove all of the /emote sit_ commands because they'll be of no use if theres a drop down menu.
but in conclusion I won't be spending money on this game because your just increasing performance issues with every patch, theirs still lots of bugs to be fixed, but yet your still adding stuff when previous issues are not even fixed, nor close to being fixed.
But please, for the sake of all your players do not add chairs custom interact icon, we don't want any more bad game performance, its harsh enough as it is.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-19-2012, 06:57 PM

I just amazed that Developer time was actually appointed for this.
Now it will be easier (?) to sit and do nothing while in game...?
Wow...was there a big, or any for that matter, demand/request for it...?
A need because of...?
Just...wow..
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Ensign
# 3
09-19-2012, 07:01 PM
I know right, I don't see how adding custom chair icons will benefit any one, it should be removed from the patch, everything else I would say go for it.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
09-19-2012, 07:02 PM
The chairs already have an interact icon -- it's just custom in appearance now. This change should not affect performance or framerates. It only appears when you hover your cursor over the chair.

As for the emotes, you have to stand on top of the chair to use them and line yourself up for it to look proper. The "sit in chairs" tech allows you to click on the chair and auto sit without needing to jump on the chair and try and line yourself up.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 5
09-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The chairs already have an interact icon -- it's just custom in appearance now. This change should not affect performance or framerates. It only appears when you hover your cursor over the chair.

As for the emotes, you have to stand on top of the chair to use them and line yourself up for it to look proper. The "sit in chairs" tech allows you to click on the chair and auto sit without needing to jump on the chair and try and line yourself up.
Yes, I don't understand the complaints at all. The new icon is a handy way to tell which chairs work for sitting down. I don't like using the emotes, because it looks silly to stand on the chair before sitting down in it, assuming you manage to get yourself in the right location.

So. Thanks.
Ensign
# 6
09-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You should have said that in the patch notes because a lot of people are flipping out over it.
I for one did over re-act when i read the patch notes, I apologize but it wasn't that specific so I thought the complete opposite way, as did many other players.

Last edited by seaking666; 09-19-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Captain
# 7
09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
it seemed clear enough to me. Chairs have their own custom icon now. You know, as opposed to the non-custom icon they had previously to sit in them. And on a side note, sit-in-chairs tech was heavily requested before it was put in.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 8
09-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
oh!
just an Icon for the Mouse Cursor? ok thats a different story then, i expected some huge neon sign 24/7 over every chair that you see from a mile away (like all the other interactable consoles and what not) ... which would have been a bit silly.
Captain
# 9
09-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Will we be able to interact with the pop ups, like the officer reports in our ready room or the starbase councillor, when we are sitting in the chairs via this method, or will we still have to use the emote to be able to do those things while sitting?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Commander
# 10
09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
oh!
just an Icon for the Mouse Cursor? ok thats a different story then, i expected some huge neon sign 24/7 over every chair that you see from a mile away (like all the other interactable consoles and what not) ... which would have been a bit silly.
And, of course, that would be totally out of character for this game

Seriously, this was needed for some reason, more than the ability to select to turn off the already-disruptive highlighting?