Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,009
# 11
09-20-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Subspace Jump console. That thing is so much fun! And I have seen some very good strategies built around it as well. I really would recommend any ship with a turn rate of 10 or less have it.

Isometric Charge is great for STFs where enemies tend to be close together. Graviton Pulse is a good shutdown, but would have been better as a Boff ability rather than a console. Point-defense is useful if you can get it, but only on big ships, it's kind of useless on anything smaller than a Vor'cha. Assimilators can wreak serious havoc against large groups of enemies, but isn't very good in 1v1 situations.

Plasmonic Leech is good, but kind of overrated IMO. Not only do you have to build your character from the ground up for it to be effective, but Feedback Pulse+ Reverse Shield Polarity (two fairly common abilities) makes a decent counter against it.

It depends on what you're in really.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,189
# 12
09-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I have graviton pulse with my fed. It's utterly rubbish.

I can fire it, hit the target, see the target stop, then the target starts again 5-8 seconds later. Before I've even closed the distance to them on my attack run. It's utterly useless and a waste of a console slot. Grav well or eject warp plasma are fare more effective!

I snagged point defense for my KDF with a Vor'cha retrofit, and it's good against small ships (fighters, etc) but not for use all the time. Sadly that means it's a wasted console slot unless you go up against carriers and whatnot. Still, better than nothing, I suppose. I'd rather it was a device instead of a console, but that's just me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 146
# 13
09-21-2012, 10:56 AM
do you really need to spec into it. i use it and I am going to see what it does to power levels with and without where I am not currently speccd at all into flow capacitors or whatever that skill is.

i know my power levels are improved significantly with it.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,001
# 14
09-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0gra View Post
Thats why if console is shared with other factions in the future then it wont be so good cause drain effects will be cancelled so it wont be so much worth buying.

Thats why it must remain unique on KDF side.

Cause feds got MACO shield for free that does the same thing only that it does it when ur underfire and not when firing ur guns but it doesnt consume a precious console slot like plasma leech....

So if feds get plasma leech along with their MACO shields(tractor pets,op sci,op escrots) its pretty much game over for KDF cause they will be stacking full power all over across the board while we will be struggling to maintain our basis power........
This is all off-topic and besides the point. Please do not turn this into yet another rant about something that hasn't happened and is so far an unsubstantiated rumor.

Back on topic...

I'm interested in whether anyone thinks there are any consoles that are good for a B'Rel torpedo boat? And why?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 15
09-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
I disagree. I DON'T want to buy it because I used all my spec points painstakingly creating my character to date. I don't want to have to do a full respec and lose an entire skill tree because I now have to put full points into 1 category just to get max flow for the plasmonic leech. That's too much of a requirement for me. I want to be able to swap out consoles without having to rebuild the entire character from scratch and re-equip my ship and my tactics because I had to move points around. Where do I take them from? Hull reinforcement? That changes how much damage I can tank. Shield power? That's suicide to remove from my BOP flying klink.

You have to build yourself around plasmonic leech, and to me that is why it's not an option. I build myself around a ship or certain tactics or class traits (i.e. my kdf sci I cater to skill points that help my sci power to the utmost). I won't do that all just for 1 console.
Flow capacitors is a Lt level skill. Lowest cost, easiest to free up points for.

Leach is the best console for the money because nearly every ship can use it (not so much for torp boats, tric bombing B'rels, etc.).

Iso can be buffed and used in an alpha. It's probably what I would pick if you wanted a console on a B'rel, I guess. You're buffing anyway so...

The Jumper is fun, which is plenty of reason to get it, but not that useful. Torps will haul ass across the fight to chase you. It would be more useful if it actually broke weapons lock. It's great for sci captains in slower ships to put sub-nuc on in a timely fashion.

Honestly, the leach is probably the only one better than a straight up damage or shield capacity console. They're all shiny and have their moments, but the leach is always on.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 48
# 16
09-21-2012, 04:45 PM
It really depends on what you fly and how you fly it. I actually have like five unique consoles on my Kar'Fi:

Plasmonic Leech (only recommended for Power Drain Builds, but makes a small difference in power levels)

Phase Shift (Kar'Fi only, but has saved my butt more times than I can count, far superior to cloaks.)

Energy Barrier (an odd one, but worth its weight in gold-pressed latinum for Save Transports and No-Win Scenario's!)

Isometric Charge (remember how much the chain-lightning angers you in Fleet missions? Well how about throwing them around yourself? Not effective on single targets, but plays hell with frigate groups.)

Borg Console (often overlooked, anything that boosts Criticals is useful, plus it boost my power draining Flow Capacitors)

As I don't fly an escort, the Quad Cannons don't interest me. I've considered the Aceton Assimilator just for my Power Drain Build. The Subspace Jump has caught my eye, simply because a jumping carrier should be amusing.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,189
# 17
09-21-2012, 05:41 PM
What kind of benefit does plasmonic leech give if you are NOT spec'd in flow at all?

I'm curious if you have no skill points and no consoles in that, how much does it give? Does that mean it drains less, or is the drain on the enemy the same but the amount that ultimately gets to you is less?

I wouldn't care if I got nothing, as long as the enemy still drained, if you see my point.

Just curious since I don't have one.


P.S. I assume phase shift is similar to the unique device that reduces incoming damage?

Last edited by rodentmaster; 09-21-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 110
# 18
09-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
This is all off-topic and besides the point. Please do not turn this into yet another rant about something that hasn't happened and is so far an unsubstantiated rumor.

Back on topic...

I'm interested in whether anyone thinks there are any consoles that are good for a B'Rel torpedo boat? And why?

Yeah but if that happends it will have HUGE impact on game balance and KDF side.
Thats why i just mention the facts so devs understand how delicate is leech console when it comes to balance and when its stacked with MACO shield.

Just trying to save the game and KDF faction dont get me wrong here plz.

Anyway back to topic. For a brel i strongly suggest bio neutral warhead.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,049
# 19
09-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
P.S. I assume phase shift is similar to the unique device that reduces incoming damage?
It is somewhat similar to the Sub-Space Field Modulator device. It reduces all damage to zero and makes stuff like torps pass through you, but you can't launch torps or fighters while it's running and has a fairly long cooldown and short duration.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,118
# 20
09-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I'm interested in whether anyone thinks there are any consoles that are good for a B'Rel torpedo boat? And why?
On my B'rel Torpedo Boat, I use the Rule 62 console, as it gives me an additional +11% to torpedo and mine damage. Also, it gives, I believe, +17 to flow capacitors (which boosts my tachyon beam 3 and aceton assimilator drain....if it worked properly).

Other than that and a bio-neural warhead (not a console), assimilated module, and aceton assimilators, those are the only consoles I run.

Aceton Assimilators are nice, because they don't decloak you. They can also wreck havoc on groups that favor FAW and are great at removing heavy torpedo threats. Drain doesn't work as advertised (and is 100% resisted with 6 skill points in Power Insulators). So, keep in mind that you are getting this console for distraction purposes.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.