Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Career Officer
# 21
09-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Point Defense console gets my vote - very handy to flip on when you're trying to concentrate on an enemy dreadnought (or larger ship in general) and have numerous enemy fighters buzzing around you. Have always loved how the Point Defense console makes such quick work of fighters.

It's pretty handy against Frigates too.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Ships that come with nice consoles, I would mention the Bortasqu and the Kar'Fi but the consoles on them are only for those ships.

Other than those,

Barrier shield console, its off a lower level Klingon ship can't rem the name though but the barrier field works very well in pvp its basically a life saver as it puts a great big orange barrier field in space it also can be useful in pve in the "no win Scenario" at wave 5 also in STF's mainly KA as you can put it in front of the portal if your a little late with the probes giving you 15 seconds which is plenty of time to kill the probes.

Both Federation and the Klingon ships that have the mighty quad cannons, an utter beast of a weapon not so much these days with the new Fleet Space Weapons but still great to level with. I still use them on my main along with the new Fleet weapons and they still work great.
Community Moderator
# 23
10-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Point Defense console gets my vote - very handy to flip on when you're trying to concentrate on an enemy dreadnought (or larger ship in general) and have numerous enemy fighters buzzing around you. Have always loved how the Point Defense console makes such quick work of fighters.

It's pretty handy against Frigates too.
I have the old Tactical PD console that's basically a plasma turret. Is the PD console that comes with the Armitage (correct?) a lot better than that one?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 24
10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I have the old Tactical PD console that's basically a plasma turret. Is the PD console that comes with the Armitage (correct?) a lot better than that one?
I believe the torpedo point defense console has a range of 10km.

It can be pretty good if you're specc'ed for torpedo damage. I think that's why some people like to make that ship into a torpedo boat.
Career Officer
# 25
10-19-2012, 02:41 AM
So I been eyeballing that Plasmonic Leech console.

Is it really worth the 1k Zen to buy the ship that none of my characters will ever use because its like tier 2 or whatever?

I wish you could just buy the consoles, for like half price or something, or they would make t5 versions of each ship in the cstore. Or let you use the skins of any ship you own, on any other ship. That last one would probably screw up pvp pretty hard though