Survivor of Romulus
A program I have been using since Cryptic forced it on us to get in game content in the form of a pet and free unlock box. It was the the thing, raptor desktop app.exe, that had to be killed in Task Manager that was preventing me from playing my game without crashes these last few months.

Can't believe I missed on things like the end of the Risan Summer event over something I would not have even had had it not been for Cryptic. How annoying.
Captain
# 2
09-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatex View Post
A program I have been using since Cryptic forced it on us to get in game content in the form of a pet and free unlock box. It was the the thing, raptor desktop app.exe, that had to be killed in Task Manager that was preventing me from playing my game without crashes these last few months.

Can't believe I missed on things like the end of the Risan Summer event over something I would not have even had had it not been for Cryptic. How annoying.
First and foremost Cryptic did not force raptr upon us. It was something if we choose to use is upto the individual player. Raptr is only there if you wanted to use it to get the freebies.

However getting to the issue you have been having with Raptr. The most recent update to Raptr is causing STO to crash at launch. There is a work around it, and is as follows

Launch STO as normal, either by using the launcher or if you are using ARC.

On your toon selection screen minimise STO by using the minimise in top right of screen.

Launch and sign in to Raptr as normal. Maximise STO again, and play.

You are blaming something on Cryptic which has norhing whatsoever to do with them.

Like me your best option is to submit feedback to Raptr regarding this, but hopefully they are alreaady working on rectifying this.
Live long and Prosper
Captain
# 3
09-14-2013, 02:26 AM
why didn't you simply deinstalled raptr after getting the pet gorilla?
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 4
09-14-2013, 02:51 AM
No issues here. Raptr and STO get along just fine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a fun yet challenging shooter that you can play with your friends? Click here!
Captain
# 5
09-14-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
No issues here. Raptr and STO get along just fine.
Ohh must of fixed it. Have to admit I have just been using the work around, your comment is well appreciated, will give it a try.

Yep just tried and it's working as it should now.
Live long and Prosper

Last edited by eazzie; 09-14-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Commander
# 6
09-14-2013, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
First and foremost Cryptic did not force raptr upon us.
This statement could not be more true. I play STO daily and have no idea what Raptor is.
Captain
# 7
09-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xapocalypseponyx View Post
This statement could not be more true. I play STO daily and have no idea what Raptor is.
Exactly one year ago ago STO joined forces with a games app company called Raptr which tracks your gaming, amount of time played etc.

When they initially partnered up Raptr offered two STO in game rewards, one being a pet. I was upto the indivual player if they wished to take advantage of this partnership, as it meant downloading an app to run in the background while you play STO.

My own personal thoughts of Raptr initially was it was pure trash, but it has grown on me because they have also offered reward packs to other games I play, the most recent being Assassins Creed 3, where they gave away two of the DLC packs for free. I say free, in order to qualify for the rewards, you have to put time in, because you have to be of a certain rank within Raptr to qualfy.

Since running Raptr myself I have clocked up just over 2500 hours in STO in the past year. I am either very sad, or STO is too addictive.
Live long and Prosper
Commander
# 8
09-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
Since running Raptr myself I have clocked up just over 2500 hours in STO in the past year. I am either very sad, or STO is too addictive.
I installed STO through Steam, which also tracks game time. Yeah, I try not to look at that.
Captain
# 9
09-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xapocalypseponyx View Post
I installed STO through Steam, which also tracks game time. Yeah, I try not to look at that.
If you decide to ever use Raptr the time already accrued on Steam gets transfered over to Raptr without deleting on Steam.

You can also launch Steam via Raptr.

But as I have already said Raptr is a personal choice app. It is not mandatory in any way at all.
Live long and Prosper
Career Officer
# 10
09-14-2013, 10:22 AM
I had the same issue with Raptr, after extended play I would simply crash to desktop. Switch to Steam, your playtime will still be tracked with Raptr through them.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast