Captain
# 11
09-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Way I see it, 200 $ is what another, but full, game from 2010 costs. Mass Effect 2 is 200.
Released the same year as sto...

If I spend the money for a full game of course I get a full game, I get everything.

Going out and spending a truckload of money on 1 item of pixels that doesn't change the game at all is just crazy

Nevertheless I am here on f2p because you went out and did it if that helps
Captain
# 12
09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
A good point about saving each time to get the lifetime sub,however i don't have a credit card to register for it.
Perfect World takes all of the following for payments if you don't have a Credit Card: https://billing.perfectworld.com/options
Commander
# 13
09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Put it this way.
If you had saved that money a little bit each month, you could have bought the lifetime sub, started getting the stipend, and been making purchases that way.

What you are experiencing is called Buyer's remorse. You spent a truckload of money on the game. You wish you had spent it differently, and so now you are asking for something for nothing.

I have spent a lot on the game myself , amazingly since January , when the game went F2P. When I started playing. I , like you , made the decision on how to spend my money. I also made the decision to stop spending so much, but never have I felt like Cryptic owes me anything because I spent so much on their game.
good point. however i don't have a credit card to do that.
Career Officer
# 14
09-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah... Bought the game, more than once in fact, been a LTS since day one, and it's easier to sum up the things I didn't buy off the C-store than the things that I did.

Look, if they give you a life time subscription, I don't actually lose anything. So that's almost a non-issue. But you're going to have to explain to us why, after paying for things we've all paid for, you should now get for free what others have already paid for in the past. You could, I suppose, dream up some consolation prize for the people who bought their LTSes themselves, but you know... eventually you'll probably feel you're entitled to that as well.

Still, your idea isn't completely without merit. Just needs a little tweaking. Maybe Cryptic could consider giving people a free month of subscription time for say every 12,500 zen spent. That wouldn't really do anything for LTSes either, but's a bit more modest an approach that might still encourage sales.'

Of course, either way we'd need to be capable of tracking expenditures. We've asked for that before. Cryptic never us that. Probably cause they know that if we see, right there, just how much we've spent on this game, we'll run screaming for the hills.
Reave
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
09-20-2012, 07:56 AM
I know I've spent my fair share outside of my LTS.

Quote:
good point. however i don't have a credit card to do that.
You can use paypal. Paypal can hookup to a bank account for direct withdraw or other account types. I know I dont have a credit card and never used one in this game.

Last edited by robdmc; 09-20-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Captain
# 16
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Of course, either way we'd need to be capable of tracking expenditures. We've asked for that before. Cryptic never us that. Probably cause they know that if we see, right there, just how much we've spent on this game, we'll run screaming for the hills.
The Account system does now track how much Zen you buy from PW and transfer to STO, it just doesn't track Stipends or Dilthium Exchange Zen. So you can now see how much of your own money you've spent on the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
09-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Account system does now track how much Zen you buy from PW and transfer to STO, it just doesn't track Stipends or Dilthium Exchange Zen. So you can now see how much of your own money you've spent on the game.
In the dilithium exchange there is a log of how much you traded and when.
Career Officer
# 18
09-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
I know this won't get very far but what the heck.
If you like me has spent a great deal of real money on this game,i think STO should show their appreciation,by giving us a free lifetime subscription.
I am sure they will have records of what has been spent by individuals on this game.
SO COME ON STO,SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FREELY.
I am all about fairness, but i would not be on board with this, unless they took those who spent the most zen and gave away a couple of LTS away as a raffle.
Career Officer
# 19
09-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Free gameplay for the life of the product? Pretty sure Cryptic already gave that to everyone 8 months ago.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
I know this won't get very far but what the heck.
If you like me has spent a great deal of real money on this game,i think STO should show their appreciation,by giving us a free lifetime subscription.
I am sure they will have records of what has been spent by individuals on this game.
SO COME ON STO,SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FREELY.
So in other words...You have spent waaayyy to much on lockboxes eh?
That'll learn ya...