Commander
Quote:
Systems: Engineering Kit summoned pets; drones, turrets, mines, etc.; will now despawn if you remove the kit.
Well, this sucks. Yet another nerf in favor of the almighty Tactical officers. Devs have finally caved in to their constant whining and moaning about engy spam.

Oh, but I bet they do get to keep their multiple cross-kit, ridiculously over-powered buffs, don't they?
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Captain
# 2
09-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Of course they do.

Whats pathetic about this company is that they dont even bother to play the game themselves or see the results of their changes. To them its just numbers on a spreadsheet. Funnier still, they claim they play X class or X ship and yet in their own posts show incredible ignorance of the reality of the game/class/ship . Those 5 minute per month 'play time' must be so informative

IF before making changes they put the proposed patch notes and get actual feedback from the players before making said changes they'd have a much better QA process.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
Well, this sucks. Yet another nerf in favor of the almighty Tactical officers. Devs have finally caved in to their constant whining and moaning about engy spam.

Oh, but I bet they do get to keep their multiple cross-kit, ridiculously over-powered buffs, don't they?
Using multiple kits was never an intended game mechanic..

Just be glad you didn't get banned for repeatedly using a known exploit.
Career Officer
# 4
09-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Wait.. the worst class on the ground is now overpowered?
Career Officer
# 5
09-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Having several characters for all classes, I have to say on ground Tactical is not the almighty. I would rather have a group of 1 Tac, 2 Engi and 2 Sci then all Tac. Turrets, drones, heals and roots are a huge part of the other kits that Tac is lacking, but for an MMO Tac is also the strangest class depending on what kit you use you can be a Rogue (Operative kit) or a Warrior/Captain (Squad Leader kit) and I love being able to switch off.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-20-2012, 09:38 AM
as engineer im more worried about my personnal choice of polaron arrays on my cruiser and its ability to suck power .but im keeping back my complaint till i actually test it
Commander
# 7
09-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Using multiple kits was never an intended game mechanic..

Just be glad you didn't get banned for repeatedly using a known exploit.
I didn't know it was a known exploit. I stand corrected.

However, my comment on the game favoring almighty Tacs still stands.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Commander
# 8
09-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Having several characters for all classes, I have to say on ground Tactical is not the almighty.
Please, PLEASE, you can't be serious. I do ground PvP every single day and I get cloaked-ambushed and one-shot ALL THE TIME. How are you supposed to counter that? There's no time to even turn around and aim at your opponent. It's absurd.

Off the top of my head I could name at least seven Tac players that are simply unkillable. I don't even bother anymore. I just stand there and wait for the blast.

I'm sci (Fed) and eng (KDF), with XI MACO gear in the former and XII Fleet armor and shields in the latter. My fed's got all his kill and damage accolades (10K points). My klink is getting there (+5K points). Yet my shields and life bars in both toons vanish INSTANTLY even before I can hear the shot. It's absolutely ridiculous. There is no Sci or Eng kit that can help you survive that. The sci Medic kit is a JOKE, and in my klink I've been standing right between shield and medic generators and I still go poof in a heartbeat.

Tacs are overpowered whether people want to admit it or not, and if you're a Tac not kicking butt in ground PvP, you simply don't know what you're doing.

Flame on.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
I didn't know it was a known exploit. I stand corrected.

However, my comment on the game favoring almighty Tacs still stands.
Considering that switching kits was an exploit, more-or-less, you can bet that Tactical and Science will get the same 'nerf' at some point.

I don't see it as an issue myself, so I'm good with it.

Of course, despawning pets and removing already-applied buffs is different tech as far as I know... so it might be the next few patches, or awhile, depending on how things go.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Commander
# 10
09-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Considering that switching kits was an exploit, more-or-less, you can bet that Tactical and Science will get the same 'nerf' at some point.

Of course, despawning pets and removing already-applied buffs is different tech as far as I know...
Thank you. This nerf -if applied so- will be specially bad for Science. We'll be even more screwed than we are now.

The Medic kit, even with all its buffs on, can't stand ONE Tac uber-shot, let alone 2-3 in a row. And Physicist doesn't do enough damage to kill your opponent faster than they can kill you if you don't have Medic on.

This is why I use my Medic kit to activate NHM and all resistance buffs, then immediately switch to Physicist for damage. Is that an exploit too? If so, then it's either heal or damage but not both? If my resistance buffs will go away when switching kits, then what will Science be good for? Even more so: how will all this translate into STFs, where Scis really need to do crowd control AND stay alive?

I'm tired of hearing the same old litany that Sci's job is to heal everybody. "Your best weapon is in the hands of the Tac you're healing". Yeah, that's all fine and dandy until you find yourself alone in an ally face to face with a Tac. Blammo, you're dead. And now it will be certain death no matter what.

Might as well delete my Sci toon for good.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek