Career Officer
# 1 Miror Vor'Cha / Lobi Arrggggg
09-22-2012, 04:07 PM
With the current sales I want to try for a Mirror Vor'Cha for my Klingon. I also missed getting a Ferengi Whip when it was first in the Lobi Store, so glad to see it back. (except it is now 50 Lobi blah)

But I have problem now. Both lobi and whip are Bound to Character. Meaning I need to open boxes on a Klingon for Ship yet I cannot use the Lobi to get the whip on Fed toon. (and yes I know I can buy from exchange but I am saving EC.)

Cryptic, I am buying keys and opening boxes either way so why should you care that Lobi & Whip are Character Bound?

Others please comment. And mods, please allow this thread to stay here a couple days so feedback can be gathered before it is moved to some obscure section of the forums that NO ONE visits. tyvm

Peace!

Last edited by eagledraco; 09-22-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Commander
# 2
09-22-2012, 04:22 PM
I don't see why any currency is bound to a character. As stated you payed for it, it is no detriment to anyone which character receives it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Why not just buy a mirror vor'cha from the exchange for EC?

I bought one using my fed toon(who was richer at the time) and mailed it to my kdf toon.
Career Officer
# 4
09-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post
Why not just buy a mirror vor'cha from the exchange for EC?

I bought one using my fed toon(who was richer at the time) and mailed it to my kdf toon.
I'm trying to save my EC for one of those beast ships. Mirror Vor'Cha is more expensive than Mirror Fedie ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I have to agree, lobi crystals and lobi store stuff should be account bound, not character bound. Since if u want something, may have the full amount of crystals, but they r spread out through 4 or 5 toons. Therefore u cannot get wat u want because of it
Career Officer
# 6
09-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledraco View Post
I'm trying to save my EC for one of those beast ships. Mirror Vor'Cha is more expensive than Mirror Fedie ships.
Buy one lockbox key. Sell it on the exchange. It will cover the price of your vor'cha.

Not that the binding stuff isn't annoying.

But that fixes your issue.
Career Officer
# 7
09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Buy one lockbox key. Sell it on the exchange. It will cover the price of your vor'cha.

Not that the binding stuff isn't annoying.

But that fixes your issue.
Good suggestion, thx. But yes character bound lobi should be changed. Maybe its like this to make you run around on each character during lobi hunts. Which is a waste of time imo.
Captain
# 8
09-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Good suggestion, thx. But yes character bound lobi should be changed. Maybe its like this to make you run around on each character during lobi hunts. Which is a waste of time imo.
Honestly they could make the Lobi hunts really really hard. That would fix it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 9
09-23-2012, 03:18 AM
I don't open LockBoxes partially because of this flawed design (and because i hate the money gambling for loot approach they've taken with STO).

Lobi OR the Items have to be account wide or Players with more than one character WILL run into situations like the OP has now, i have 11 Characters and all this PER CHARACTER stuff is pi**ing me the hell off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Honestly they could make the Lobi hunts really really hard. That would fix it.
THEY ARE!

the missions are pretty high level, and you have to play almost the whole mission to get them, not to mention the Lobi are only available through short time periods, while they are in Replay mode.

The Exploit Cryptic is so afraid of is that ONE Lobi you get from that Ferengi Intro Quest.

FAIL LOGIC

'nuf said
Career Officer
# 10
09-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:
But I have problem now. Both lobi and whip are Bound to Character. Meaning I need to open boxes on a Klingon for Ship yet I cannot use the Lobi to get the whip on Fed toon. (and yes I know I can buy from exchange but I am saving EC.)
The solution is simple. The fact that the ship boxes can go on the Exchange means they are not bound. All you have to do is open the lockboxes on your Fed toon, get the mirror ship, then mail it to your KDF toon.

EDIT: Wait, the Klingon mirror ship won't show up for Fed characters? Ugh.