Lieutenant
# 1 What if Surerys were honest..
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Have you all notcied how the surveys are never about how good the game is / what you would like to see? instead its a bunch of questions about projects that you dont quite qualify for..
Rihannsu
# 2
09-20-2012, 09:39 AM
surveys are designed to get a specific set of feedback on a specific topic that they want to hear. perhaps on a subject they dont have much feedback about.

players might like a question - 'how to do you rate the game out of 10' but it actually tells them nothing important. 1. 5. 10. its meaningless as feedback which is why they dont often ask.

the last poll did have the question 'what would you like most in 2013', because that is a useful question with specific answers that can be acted upon.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-20-2012, 09:43 AM
In the same way I'll never understand people asking for advice and then not taking it, I'll never understand the pension for developers to post polls and then qualify them by saying they're just testing the waters.

If you're asking for advice, take it.

If you're asking what we want, do it.
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
In the same way I'll never understand people asking for advice and then not taking it, I'll never understand the pension for developers to post polls and then qualify them by saying they're just testing the waters.

If you're asking for advice, take it.

If you're asking what we want, do it.
What about twisting in the "vocal but a minority of the player base"?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Commander
# 5
09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by furlong359 View Post
Have you all notcied how the surveys are never about how good the game is / what you would like to see? instead its a bunch of questions about projects that you dont quite qualify for..
As far as game quality goes they don't need a 1-10 survey. They really just need to know "do you like the game enough to play it." And to get answers about this, they don't need to invest time into a potentially inaccurate survey, they can just look at server populations and account longevity.