Lt. Commander
so im trying to help a lower level player with a mission that he cant finish..
i team up with him and match his level, so i am now fighting below my current level..

everything is going great, except a few moments later all of the bad guys turn to level 50 and everyone gets wiped out.. respawn and wiped out again. we had to actually leave and restart the mission to get things working, twice..

is it that hard to keep the match level thing checked at all times when you check it?
why does the game just decide to unckeck it for you in the middle of a mission?

maybe they should actually fix things instead of adding more stuff?
thinking this might be a tad more important then the engineering kit thing, which broke ground stfs and other missions that you have to kill all the bad guys to complete
when you gonna fix that??
Career Officer
# 2
09-23-2012, 03:53 PM
I have only ever seen this when the person who is higher ranked, leaves the zone and comes back, doesnt match level until hes in the zone, or accidently clicking the match level button to undo it in battle.

Ive never seen it revert by default the ships back to VA. Its usually one or the other or something is a-miss.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-23-2012, 10:22 PM
who went into the instance first? unless the lower level player goes in first, let him load in compoletely before going in. cause if the higher level player has a better connection and joins in and loads in first, there is the possibility of them being his default level, as level balancing will only occurs after the player whos being matched in level is in the instance.

also, dont wander too far from the person whos level your matching, if you go too far away, level matching stops and the npcs will get boosted.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 4
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
It's actually best the lower sidekicks up to the higher of the team that way they get better survivability since they are able to play at the highers level (stat wise) and allows you to just focus on helping them.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Well, that depends. If the lower level player scales up, he's basically flying a crippled ship with no BOffs, so he has no spells and will quickly die with or without his improved HP/damage. The higher level player scaling down, on the other hand, may have lower HP/damage, but keeps all his spells, so is basically invulnerable.

On the other hand, downscale gives you NO LOOT and can go Horribly Wrong when the game decides you've moved too far apart and arbitrarily turns it off without permission.