Ensign
Well, I'm just finishing download, and would start playing tomorrow.
But I'm curious about how the game works, in general.

I used to play another spaceship game, where there were several fixed places to go, and all PvE and PvP occours there, simultaniously. An open world with several maps.

Is STO similar to this?
Banned
# 2
09-22-2012, 07:18 PM
We wish. Oh god did we wish for that.

We have a qued pvp system in STO. with only 2 game types, as far as the game dynamics go

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

You can watch and get a good idea of how the game plays out here.
Ensign
# 3
09-22-2012, 07:27 PM
For some reason, the game download at 100KB/s is making my internet to be extremly slow, and couldn't open your video yet.

But, you are saying... the game is not about flying around in search of resources to grind, NPCs to kill, or even players to chase?

Well, I didn't play that much diferent games, and don't know how diferent it could be.
Banned
# 4
09-22-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mavairo/...ow=grid&view=0 This will be a bette rlink for you. It's my entire upload collection thus far.

The vids with the music are the actual match footages. the other non song equipped vids are older vids highlighting issues for the devs.

Well in STO, you're mostly grinding things like duty officers, or gear from STFs. Or getting up the scratch to buy your favorite toys off the exchange (auction house) PVE wise it's pretty much like any other mmo, just with instanced content.

Pvp wise, unfortunately there's no active struggle over any of these resources, etc.
Ensign
# 5
09-22-2012, 07:37 PM
So, players may choose whether to go to PvE places, or to PvP places... all instanced places not open to everyone else... is that it?
Banned
# 6
09-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestredosmagros View Post
So, players may choose whether to go to PvE places, or to PvP places... all instanced places not open to everyone else... is that it?
There's one pve/pvp hybrid instance in the whole game.

There are also the Ques which are basically a match making system.
Ensign
# 7
09-22-2012, 08:04 PM
I should have read more about the game before spending 11 hours in the download.
Or posted this question in the forum earlier.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.