Lieutenant
I was just messing around in DS9 chat today and started throwing out odd rumors about lockboxes.
*One is a bankruptcy lockbox like wheel of fortune it removes all EC, Zen, Dilithium, GPL, and leaves nothing.
*On the 12th day of the 12th month on the 12th hour of the 12th second, once a year every year all lockboxes are free to open without keys for one second.
*Ed Mcmahon will pop out of an extremely rare lockbox and present the player with a giant check for 1 billion EC and the zen store EC cap unlock if needed.
*Noob Sabot can pop out of a lockbox, if you defeat him you learn a new exploit attack called fatality where you rip someone's spine or heart out.
*Leatherface has an extremely rare chance of popping out of a lockbox and killing everyone in the area with a chainsaw.
*One lockbox will transport you to the island from Lost, you must survive hoards of pollarbears.
Okay so some of these are extereme and unlikely but it works for a lot of games to put easter eggs that become legends in the game because it is so rare to occur, and it builds a lot of interest and excitement to unlock the boxes, which I would think people would want.

And if people feel like commenting on this I would really like to hear what easter eggs you would like to see happen from lockboxes, even if they are too silly to ever be put in game please.
Community Moderator
# 2
09-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalousx View Post
I was just messing around in DS9 chat today and started throwing out odd rumors about lockboxes.
*One is a bankruptcy lockbox like wheel of fortune it removes all EC, Zen, Dilithium, GPL, and leaves nothing.
*On the 12th day of the 12th month on the 12th hour of the 12th second, once a year every year all lockboxes are free to open without keys for one second.
*Ed Mcmahon will pop out of an extremely rare lockbox and present the player with a giant check for 1 billion EC and the zen store EC cap unlock if needed.
*Noob Sabot can pop out of a lockbox, if you defeat him you learn a new exploit attack called fatality where you rip someone's spine or heart out.
*Leatherface has an extremely rare chance of popping out of a lockbox and killing everyone in the area with a chainsaw.
*One lockbox will transport you to the island from Lost, you must survive hoards of pollarbears.
Okay so some of these are extereme and unlikely but it works for a lot of games to put easter eggs that become legends in the game because it is so rare to occur, and it builds a lot of interest and excitement to unlock the boxes, which I would think people would want.

And if people feel like commenting on this I would really like to hear what easter eggs you would like to see happen from lockboxes, even if they are too silly to ever be put in game please.
Just no. We're finally beginning to get some real value out of the lockboxes. Paying to open an "Easter Egg" that provides zero value is over the top.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek