Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
Im here looking at these keys and prices and I am going why should i even bother since I already own a dreadnought and artox carrier and i have the subspace transport ability as well so i just don't see the point plus I keep thinking ill get junk if I go and open 100 box's lol
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Buy keys to not open the boxes but to buy what is within.

In other words if you really want a lockbox ship or good item from the boxes sell the keys when they are high on the exchange and use the ec to get what you want, odds are it'll be cheaper and less dissapointing than hoping to get what you want from random chance.

As I write this lockbox keys at the moment are 1.4 mil ec and assuming you sell your figure of 100 keys thats 140 million ec.... so let fate decide what you get or buy what you want.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Buy keys at a discount and wait until next week. They said the timeships will be coming by the end of the month. I assume those will be in a new lockbox. Once this event ends on the 27th, I imagine that box will drop, and a whole lot more people will be racing to tear into them. If that happens, there's a chance key prices could jump up closer to 2mil a piece (unless the sale messed that up). If there's something in those boxes you want, it shouldn't take many key sales to get it.
Commander
# 4
09-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim83 View Post
Buy keys at a discount and wait until next week. They said the timeships will be coming by the end of the month. I assume those will be in a new lockbox.
That's highly possible. But wasn't there an anouncement as well that the Vesta will be coming this month? That would be a lot of new ships.
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Lockbox sale to encourage players to spend Zen then release new ships/lockbox next week meaning players who spent all their Zen need to to buy more... maybe I'm being cynical again.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Lockbox sale to encourage players to spend Zen then release new ships/lockbox next week meaning players who spent all their Zen need to to buy more... maybe I'm being cynical again.
Nope sounds dead on, we all know the dirty tricks they use. This entire lock box rerun is probably part of their master plan.

Our time dealing with PWE has shown us that their is no end to their greed. Less work more money is their ultimate goal. Makes me think they are less honest than car salesman or politicians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 7
09-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Well since I never opened or used any of the keys yet i could always wait nothing wrong with waiting I suspose and in the meantime I can get 100 of those box's and just wait it out and see what comes out next.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Nope sounds dead on, we all know the dirty tricks they use. This entire lock box rerun is probably part of their master plan.(
Simple: A very limited time offer on very desirable items. Anyway it has nothing to do with dilithium since someone has to buy the zens to buy the keys, and buyers won't buy more because you need more zen on the market guys.

But you won't have time to farm to get some dil or credits if you don't already have them.
Career Officer
# 9
09-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Not anymore. As said in another thread - purchased a 10-key pack, used nine of them, and received eight DOFF packs and a shield pack containing a shield that is, shall we say, inferior to my current MKXII MACO. Didn't really count the lobi, but it wasn't much. Not really very impressed. I have to say, the cynic in me can't help but think Lockbox key sale = inferior items from lockboxes.

Granted, I'll probably be able to donate the DOFF's to fleet projects somewhere down the line, or sell them - but I do wish I had used the keys on Tholian boxes - they were MUCH better than these ones.

The whole reason I didn't bother with the Ferengi boxes was because the Cardassian boxes I opened at the time yeilded 'prizes' that were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. The whole reason I purchased a key 10-pack yesterday was that the Tholian boxes were worthwhile and I assumed that the 'new' ones would follow suite, but I've reverted back to thinking that they're a waste of time and, more importantly, money.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY