Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 159
# 1 Console questions
09-21-2012, 07:49 AM
1. Which console is it that increases shiels? I read a post that a guy with HEC has 10k shields. I want that.

2. For tac. I have all phaser dmg consoles. But i read that it isnt an even multiplier. So 2 with the 26.2 is 56.4 its less. So my question is. Would it be advantageous to throw in a cannon dmg increase console with the phasers or leave all phasers?
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 2
09-21-2012, 08:18 AM
1. Field Generators. Stackable. Start at Rear Admiral Upper Half I think. Best Sci Console.

2. Stick with all Phasers if you run just Phaser energy weapons. They do stack and they give the % listed. Very good if you have 3 or more stacked.

Any more questions?

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 159
# 3
09-21-2012, 08:21 AM
No more questions. That was what i needed to know. Thank you.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,838
# 4
09-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
1. Which console is it that increases shiels? I read a post that a guy with HEC has 10k shields. I want that.
You want the Field Generator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
2. For tac. I have all phaser dmg consoles. But i read that it isnt an even multiplier. So 2 with the 26.2 is 56.4 its less. So my question is. Would it be advantageous to throw in a cannon dmg increase console with the phasers or leave all phasers?
What you're asking is if 20% + 30% would be larger than 30% + 30%. Regardless of how the addition works, it's still smaller.

Edit: Bah, ninja'd from looking up the Field Generator link.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk

Last edited by darkjeff; 09-21-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Comment
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 5
09-21-2012, 11:40 AM
No problem. Glad to help!

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 595
# 6
09-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
1. Which console is it that increases shiels? I read a post that a guy with HEC has 10k shields. I want that.


use one or more field generators to increase your shield's capacity
I think also a shield emitter amplifier is usefull
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 7
09-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
use one or more field generators to increase your shield's capacity
I think also a shield emitter amplifier is usefull
Emitter amplifiers are useful only if you will be in a long fight and only if your enemy doesn't deal large spike damage and only if you are uisng regenerative shields. Also, the amplifier is best on science vessels because of the science vessel shield modifier.

ok.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 595
# 8
09-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleon22 View Post
Emitter amplifiers are useful only if you will be in a long fight and only if your enemy doesn't deal large spike damage and only if you are uisng regenerative shields. Also, the amplifier is best on science vessels because of the science vessel shield modifier.

ok.
as you said, it depend on how long you will be in a fight and on your enemy... but also on your build and how you fight. A good build help you to resist longer, so after a while what you need is not more shield capacity, but shield regeneration rate.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 9
09-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Since I fly a sci ship. The Atrox. I don't need regain. I just have a lot of shield heals, I think 4 right now.

So it depends on what you want. If you want faster regain then get the Emitters. If you want more shields then get the Generators.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44 PM.