Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 11 Possible solution
09-21-2012, 02:03 PM
It's possible that the solution is to just log in with your Perfect world acount. I just did that and played this scenario and I only encountered minor bugs.
Career Officer
# 12
09-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I only log in with my PWE account and it's still borked. I started a new Liberated Borg toon earlier and was excited because I've never used that race before. However, I can't get past the first mission. (I haven't played the tutorial since it became unnecessary to do so after the Season 5 update, so this is the first mission for me.)

Problem 1: the away team disappears. After you beam in, they all go back to your transporter room.

Problem 2: the second room you go to, which is the first one with Orion goons in it, has only 1 Orion in it. There are usually about 1/2 a dozen.

Problem 3: Danna Brott is missing. The map shows her being inside a wall, there's also apparently an Orion goon in there.

That was as far as I got because I literally couldn't finish the mission. After losing my away team, I figured I'd be OK because I could get through without them. However, with no Danna Brott to talk to, you literally can't progress past entering the Azura's engine room. I'm going to abort and try again, but I'm not hopeful.
Career Officer
# 13
09-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Well, my second run through went better, no thanks to the game. I still lost my away team and Orion goons were appearing and disappearing at random. I did, however, manage to speak to Danna Brott before she disappeared and, thus, finish the mission.

Fortunately, I'm an experienced player who has played this mission many times and I was able to tackle it Rambo-style. However, for a new player, this could be a game ending problem. I know if I was first starting out and 1. lost my away team and 2. couldn't find the person I was supposed to talk to to continue the mission, I likely wouldn't stick with the game. If I was Cryptic, I'd get this fixed ASAP, but it's likely to wait until next Thursday, at the earliest, just like the majority of major bugs that this game has.
Career Officer
# 14
09-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah. a KDF mission that is very early is also broken, now. "Keep Your Enemies Close - Renting a Runabout" also beams bridge officers to a seperate location, where they die, and the mission cannot be completed. This one, also blocks progression, to the majority of KDF missions, including the Feature Episodes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
09-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The main reason is simple:

1: They release patch for testing on tribble on 17'th

2: Not enough people on tribble to test, so only few bug reports.

3: They release patch to live on Holodeck on 20'th.

It's quite simple: Not enough testing... Even IF there were enough testers on tribble, 3 days simply isn't enough.
3 days is actually an improvement over earlier when it was less than 24 hours between being posted on Tribble and going live on Holodeck
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-24-2012, 08:18 AM
For this there IS a workaround I found last night. You have to die in the engineering section.

Your Away team at least one will stand by you if you don't move. Set your whole away team to attack your target. If you look in the corner near the captain you'll notice an Orion stuck in the wall shooting her. You should be able to get a target on them just not shoot them. Once you have the target your BO/Security team will attack and kill him. Which prevents the captain from dieing. The rest is just fight your way back through it. Sadly this doesn't fix Keep your Enemies closer and other fight's but at least it fixes one so you can progress a ways in the game as a New person.
Ensign
# 17
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Finally got Captain Brott to appear then when I get back to the ship the transporter chief is missing and I'm now stuck again! First time playing the game...
Rihannsu
# 18
09-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasersshadows View Post
Finally got Captain Brott to appear then when I get back to the ship the transporter chief is missing and I'm now stuck again! First time playing the game...
It sucks, but wait until thursday. this is a new bug that popped up, it should be fixed soon.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 19
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM
What could this last patch have added that caused the missions to be all bugged up like this? I mean come on, can't they at least see what the next patch will cause? Do they really not know that game-breaking glitches will follow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Rihannsu
# 20
09-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
What could this last patch have added that caused the missions to be all bugged up like this? I mean come on, can't they at least see what the next patch will cause? Do they really not know that game-breaking glitches will follow?
How should I know? Non-Programmers really don't understand how complicated it really is.

Seriously... I have enough experience as an amateur programmer to pity anyone who writes MMOs for a living.... Things that APPEAR to be unrelated often aren't. But the relation is something complex.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.