Empire Veteran
# 1 What if our devs were doffs?
09-21-2012, 09:05 AM
There are tribbles with the dev's name in game, but oddly enough no such doff can be found. But I'm sure we could imagine a doff for several of them.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

* Borticus
Traits: Tactful, logical, resilient, cold blooded.
Race: Saurian.
Specialization: Shield distribution officer.

Why a BFI doff? Because I'm sure he mentally braces for impact before reading the pvp forums since he's in charge of this part of the game. And he must be incredibly resilient and logical to ignore all that rage.

There are many other devs so now I need your help to make their doff equivalents since I don't really know much about them. Any suggestions? And would you like to see that in game?

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-21-2012, 10:26 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Commander
# 3
09-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Good insight!!! ^^^^

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-21-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Community Moderator
If I might interject...

Since this thread seems to be intended as a whimsical take on the Devs rather than serious feedback, I have moved it to the Ten Forward forum.

I would like to point out to people who choose to respond to it that they should remember the following Forum rule:

Flaming and/or Trolling
You may not post content which contains insults to other users or Perfect World Entertainment Staff, are specifically made to create undue discontent on the forums, disturbances in forum threads, pick fights or otherwise promote unfriendly conversation.

Using this thread to take cheap shots at Devs or other players will not be tolerated.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 5
09-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
If I might interject...

Since this thread seems to be intended as a whimsical take on the Devs rather than serious feedback, I have moved it to the Ten Forward forum.

I would like to point out to people who choose to respond to it that they should remember the following Forum rule:

Flaming and/or Trolling
You may not post content which contains insults to other users or Perfect World Entertainment Staff, are specifically made to create undue discontent on the forums, disturbances in forum threads, pick fights or otherwise promote unfriendly conversation.

Using this thread to take cheap shots at Devs or other players will not be tolerated.
I did not insult the devs in my post. I did not name one dev in my post. My post was not about any one dev nor did I disdain the dev team.

And I apologize if it was interpreted as such.

That said, capitalizing Devs (the Czar? the Fed? the Pope? Devs or devs?) would seem to validate my insight into intentions of the OP. The fact someone else unequivocally agreed suggests I was right on the money.

How is stating my view that having video game devs double as salespeople and aggrandizing them with a cult of personality is bad for critical development of video games considered to be offensive or trolling, Bluegeek?
I'm sorry, but I really don't get it. =/ Could you clarify, please?

Last edited by aestu; 09-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
What you call cheap shots , is seen by others as just in good fun.
The OP use of DStahl was in no way offensive, or a cheap shot.
It was fun, and funny.
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Since our new community moredator doesn't understand the difference between trolling and humour, and seems to be a bit zealous to get his permanent moderator position, you can just close this thread now.
Career Officer
# 8
09-21-2012, 01:23 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Tobar26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Since our new community moredator doesn't understand the difference between trolling and humour, and seems to be a bit zealous to get his permanent moderator position, you can just close this thread now.
To answer your question directly, I do believe there are doffs named after the devs. They are not handcrafted as such but they definitely have their handles. Possibly coincidence, not sure. More likely whimsical dev humor in designing them.

Last edited by tobar26th; 09-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Community Moderator
# 9
09-21-2012, 01:44 PM
At the risk of being off-topic,

I am as bound by the forum rules as any other user, so I can not discuss specific moderation actions publicly in any way, shape, or form. If I do, I am violating the same rules I'm supposed to support.

If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator (me), you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here). Email to customersupport@perfectworld.com also works.

diogene0, if you really want this thread closed I can do that. Not a threat, just asking if you really want it closed. If you want to do dev2doff conversions, I don't have a problem with it as long as you're not putting someone in a negative light. The borticus one was funny and I don't think he'd be offended by it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-21-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Captain
# 10
09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
To be fair, sometimes it is a rather thin line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."