Commander
# 11
09-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
No. It's not a connection problem. You are not being disonnected. It's the game code doesn't properly FINISH loading the map. Like when you cross one sector of space into another. That's not a connection problem. It's a code problem.
and why doesn't it finish? because the connection got screwed up. there are other types of connection problems besides dcing. if it was a problem with the servers/client everyone would be affected. ye, i get people want it to be a cryptic prob, it's not entirely cryptic though. using even a modicum of logic you should be able to figure that much out.

the fact that not everyones affected by it should be a huge clue >.> been playing daily and never ran into it and i routinely go to ds9/esd/qu'nos. several times if i'm running dailies because transwarp to earth is a nice shortcut from wherever i might be. lets e dump junk off into the bank, buy/sell other stuff, etc before doing dailies.

in short, not strictly a client/server prob for the fact it does not effect everyone, ergo there are other factors at your end and/or in the route you take to reach cryptics servers.

i reiterate, post some info besides 'fix it' and blaming cryptic. that solves nothing and gives no useful information.
Ensign
# 12 Retriving Map List
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
I keep getting kicked from the server I log-in select character hit play and see "Retrieving Map List" and get disconnected sometimes i get the maps loading then hangs up and disconnects. IF big IF i get in I'll get out of zone to do an STF, Mission, or whatever i need to do and get Disconnected. Just started happening Saturday Night. Ive run the trace route some times I can get all back with under 100 to 120ms and other times I can't get past line 8 or 9 I think. Ive created another thread posting on what Ive been and just vent my frustration but I experienced the load long load times on Earth Space Dock only Zone and I'm located in Omaha with Cox and the 15mbs package. So its got to be on cryptic's end. I put in a ticket on Saturday but said it would be 3-4 business days before i would receive a response which is total B.S. since I'm a gold member but I'll deal with it even if i go in STO withdraw. Its just so frustrating game was fine and then this all the sudden.
Career Officer
# 13
09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titusoldrich View Post
... So its got to be on cryptic's end. I put in a ticket on Saturday but said it would be 3-4 business days before i would receive a response which is total B.S. since I'm a gold member but I'll deal with it even if i go in STO withdraw. Its just so frustrating game was fine and then this all the sudden.
I take it you haven't seen this on-going thread in the PWE tech support forum...
http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/...ead.php?t=4181
Captain
# 14
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
It is not a connection issue. Nor is it a computer issue (titusoldrich seems to have a totally different problem).

If it was a connection issue you'd get "server not responding". It freezes/lags at exactly the same place (around 95% +/- 1%). Also there's never a problem when loading a character that's ALREADY on ESD or DS9.

This problem has been going on ever since season 5. The problem didn't occur prior to that. Heck during testing for season 5 on tribble, people made complaints about it and reported it in the forums.

So, nearly a year later and they still haven't fixed it.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Captain
# 15
10-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Play a KDF toon and stop crying.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Captain
# 16
10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Play a KDF toon and stop crying.
See sig - Grothoks - Lvl 50 Engineer - Vorcha Battle Cruiser Retrofit
Previously Alendiak
Captain
# 17
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
See sig - Grothoks - Lvl 50 Engineer - Vorcha Battle Cruiser Retrofit
Well in that case:
run gamebooster
quadruple your RAM
open your ports
install dotnetfx4
pull video settings down to minimum, and adjust for 'performance'.

Seriously- fixxed this issue for me. Also lose the feddie avatar.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Captain
# 18
10-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Well in that case:
run gamebooster
quadruple your RAM
open your ports
install dotnetfx4
pull video settings down to minimum, and adjust for 'performance'.

Seriously- fixxed this issue for me. Also lose the feddie avatar.
As I said, it's not an issue on my end. ESD loads perfectly fine when loading characters up that are already there, it's just beaming into the map that's the problem (and only since season 5).

If I remember correctly, they instituted a new system for zoning/instances, so that may be the cause of the problems and why toons that are already there have no problem loading the map.
Previously Alendiak
Captain
# 19
10-04-2012, 02:19 PM
As I've had this issue in the past it solved itself when I took the listed steps above. Took near a month to get it sorted but I have the problem no longer. Wish I could offer a more exact solution but I don't think 'it's broken' can be fixed with a one-size-fits-all config tweek, there's simply too many variables.

Streamline your services
optimize your memory usage
ensure it can communicate unobstructed
and don't tax your video until your running smoothly.

Basic pc gamer stuff. Laptops are notorious for mapping video memory into system ram, so your available system ram won't be whats advertised on the hardware tab.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-04-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Ensign
# 20
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
THIS IS NOT A GAME CLIENT ISSUE its cryptic and their server and their dc