Captain
# 21
10-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow, so much denial and yes-man lock-stepping going on. It's a cryptic problem.

Those that say otherwise probably also deny we landed on the moon, or tha the holocaust took place.
Career Officer
# 22
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Might I make a suggestion?

Grab this: Leatrix Latency Fix It's a gen network card adjustment for mmo's (not just wow) I use it on my systems; gaming or otherwise and it works perfectly.

Also go into your launcher settings and tick disable patching on demand, having all the files on the hardrive at the ready will speed up load times when instancing.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Commander
# 23
10-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post

Those that say otherwise probably also deny we landed on the moon, or tha the holocaust took place.
exaggeration fail, as well as analogy fail. lets see...add to that generalization fail, inability to perform simple deductive logic...and possibly paranoia. (it's all a conspiracy isn't it?)

if there was a problem with the servers...everyone would have it
if there was a problem with the client...everyone would have it
if there was a problem with individual system configs and route to the servers then some would have the problem and others would be fine, which is exactly what's occurring.

see how simple that is? deductive reasoning, logic, common sense. true, a bit more difficult than just pointing a finger exclaiming 'conspiracy' and 'fix it' since it actually requires thought.

or do you believe in magical fairies that somehow exclude those of us that have zero probs with loading?
Captain
# 24
10-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post

That's a lot of hate for the company there and makes the issue less "our" problem.

Thank you th3xr34p3r for some actual help.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 25
10-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Ok here is the Question for you.

Are you guy's playing in Full screen mode.????

If you are then that could be one issue.For some reason the game can not handle Full Screen mode.

Even with a GTX 550 ti Factory overclocked.

I would recommend Switching to Windowed Maximized mode you will get better performance out of the Video.You can switch the Full Screen to Window maximized in the Display mode option in the Video Section.

You will get better FPS with Windowed Maximized.

And like i said even with a power full card like mine i still have issue's in the Full Screen mode.

In Windowed Maximized you can have every thing set to high mode.

In Full Screen mode you can not.Be cause it will lag like crazy in full mode.

Last edited by xcom43; 10-09-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Rihannsu
# 26
10-09-2012, 03:14 AM
by the way, when ever someone gets stuck at esd for 10 mins, 30 mins etc. just close down the game and go back in and it will usually load straight away the second time.

waiting past 1 or 2 mins is just a waste of your time.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 27
10-09-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
Might I make a suggestion?

Grab this: Leatrix Latency Fix It's a gen network card adjustment for mmo's (not just wow) I use it on my systems; gaming or otherwise and it works perfectly.
oooh, I've never heard of this, I'll give it a go tonight, thanks!

Also as already stated when ESD seems to be hanging, quiting the client and reloading brings you straight back in. Not ideal I know but it saves long waits.

One thing I have also noticed, particularly with DS9, is that sometimes when it seems to be taking an age to load I'll minimize the client wait a few seconds and then bring it back to focus, and then its sitting there with the "Press a Key" prompt. That might just be coincidence but its a habit I've got into.

Its very easy to blame Cryptics servers but I do think this is a problem of both server AND network issues, not necessarily the gamers connection but deeper into the "cloud" past the gamers ISP.
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *