Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
Dear KDF Warriors:

I am pleased to announce that the recent KDF-focused Q & A with the devs has now been posted. Please check it out at the following link. Feel free to leave feedback or start relevant discussions in the current thread:

http://priorityonepodcast.com/wordpr...s-way-kdf-q-a/

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 09-22-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Nice. Thx for interview.
Commander
# 3
09-22-2012, 12:25 PM
I know many will still find some of the answers in the interview less than satisfying because you've been calling for much of this since the beginning... however I found it quite encouraging and very exciting. The thing I find MOST encouraging is that the plans for development of STO in general and the KDF specifically appear to be VERY long range... years out. With enough new and exciting content and development to keep me returning to this game day after day, year after year.

There's a LOT of reasons that I find that exciting but here's one I'll bet few have really pondered.

The state of the art in the level of sophistication of MMO software, gaming interface & systems in general is advancing at a dizzying pace (especially for any of us who've been gaming since the days of the text only MUD's). When we reach the point that we finally have fully immersive virtual reality experiences available I would hope to see, not only a Star Trek based universe to play in... but one that has been around for a while... has a dedicated and experienced development team and player base who are used to working together... and has years worth of background and experience to draw on.

If you guys plan on being around for that long so will I... can't wait to get there with ya!
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Captain
# 4
09-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Blah blah blah ... said it before... blah blah blah... maybe....blah blah blah.... we would like to... blah blah blah...just doesn't sell....blah balh blah....possibly IF season 7 goes well.... blah blah blah.. possibly in season 8... blah blah blah... we can't say anything definite... balh blah blah... end of 2013 could... blah blah blah...just keep waiting... blah blah blah... we will provide more hollow words and promises...blah blah blah

That about somes up the whole interview. Now the only time a KDF fan should take anything they say as positve is when the give specific dates, specific info, better yet when they announce the release of something.

I don't know why they bother even talking about the KDF when all they have to say is NOTHING

And why am I raging about this i'm a Fed troll!! i can't figure this out myself!
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Blah blah blah ... said it before... blah blah blah... maybe....blah blah blah.... we would like to... blah blah blah...just doesn't sell....blah balh blah....possibly IF season 7 goes well.... blah blah blah.. possibly in season 8... blah blah blah... we can't say anything definite... balh blah blah... end of 2013 could... blah blah blah...just keep waiting... blah blah blah... we will provide more hollow words and promises...blah blah blah

That about somes up the whole interview. Now the only time a KDF fan should take anything they say as positve is when the give specific dates, specific info, better yet when they announce the release of something.

I don't know why they bother even talking about the KDF when all they have to say is NOTHING

And why am I raging about this i'm a Fed troll!! i can't figure this out myself!
It's still better than silence, as people tend to fill in the holes with their own theories... and this tends to be more trouble than it's worth.

Along with very noisy.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-22-2012, 06:13 PM
First thanks for doing this gradstudent1 and keeping us updated. I appreciate your efforts and support.

As for the interview, um yeah disappointing. As Levi implied, same thing over and over. No promise of something new like costumes and such. Just they are thinking about it in the near future. That is politics for we don't know but we'll think about it.

Oh well should expect much from Cryptic when it comes to the KDF which is sad. They simply have no direction or vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 7
09-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Very disappointing interview. Stahl is just again talking much, but that's it.
He just again talking down the KDF and in some points I have simply to say he is wrong.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Mr Stahl is a true bureaucrat, he promises much but delivers little, or in our case (KDF Faction) nothing.

I have gone to the mind set that I won't believe a word this man says. Words are easy, but action is a whole different Bat'leth Tournament.

Did we all notice a couple of the questions where they answered them by not really answering them? Just like a Politician. Oh the similarities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Mr Stahl is a true bureaucrat, he promises much but delivers little, or in our case (KDF Faction) nothing.

I have gone to the mind set that I won't believe a word this man says. Words are easy, but action is a whole different Bat'leth Tournament.

Did we all notice a couple of the questions where they answered them by not really answering them? Just like a Politician. Oh the similarities.
He cannot deliver on things when its quite obvious he doesn't have the sole power to do so, as these interviews have implied. Season 7 has been decided and is being worked on, Season 8's content is still being decided by the developers it seems and just how they decide upon what goes in and when remains more or less an open question.
Captain
# 10
09-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I think STO really needs to have their development team and management sit down with the playerbase and discuss the issues.

I personally care less to be told what the game's future brings. That is irrelevant as I know that if they do not innovate the game fails and their jobs are on the line. So I'm confident they will innovate and add new things. What I find disturbing is that they simply keep adding crap without fixing things that have been seriously broken for years or have been so unbalanced because of poor management decisions in implementation that the problem it caused in the game has already run out of control.

I really think that season 8 should not be about new things but rather about FIXING existing issues. Have the dev team compile a list of issues that the playerbase submits. Fix them. Sure, not all devs are involved with fixing so those that are not could instead improve the existing things in the game (visuals, function, add more options to existing items, etc).

To date I have only seen one MMO actually dedicate an entire development cycle (major patch) exclusively to looking back and fixing things. Dark Age of Camelot did it and that patch was so incredibly good that the game took on a whole new life. Not only were zones tweaked to be better, look better, have better opponents but also a massive list of glitches and bugs were squashed. The devs even held Q&A live on the server and had people take them to and show them the bugs that were found. WOW talk about dedication. Many of those issues were eliminated just through that process. The game received nothing 'new' for 6 months that cycle took but the result of their efforts was a playerbase that knew that it was not pointless to report bugs , that it was not pointless to give suggestions on the forums and most importantly: that they were heard.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg

Last edited by cmdrskyfaller; 09-23-2012 at 10:01 AM.