Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
I think it's safe to say that most of the KDF is happy about the offer of a few new ships, and some really good ones at that.

It is also safe to say that some of us are unhappy about the forum in which it is being offered: Lockbox or Lobi Store (the currency for which is obtained via lock box, of course).

majesticmsfc has (yet another) great idea: Those with subscriptions should have the option to purchase the ships in the C-Store. This is the very least Cryptic can do for people who have invested not only significant amounts of money but also time, energy and love into the game.

Devs, please consider this. It is an opportunity to for you give back to your faithful subscribers and still make a profit.

If you like this idea, please say as much.

Do this for my friendS who subscribe, Devs, AND I GIVE YOU MY WORD AS A KDF WARRIOR THAT I WILL PURCHASE A 3 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (I will have to wait on the lifetime until another 6 months or so)=)

Sargon

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 09-26-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,093
# 2
09-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
I think it's safe to say that most of the KDF is happy about the offer of a few new ships, and some really good ones at that.

It is also safe to say that some of us are unhappy about the forum in which it is being offered: Lockbox or Lobi Store (the currency for which is obtained via lock box, of course).

majesticmsfc has (yet another) great idea: Those with subscriptions should have the option to purchase the ships in the C-Store. This is the very least Cryptic can do for people who have invested not only significant amounts of money but also time, energy and love into the game.

Devs, please consider this. It is an opportunity to for you give back to your faithful subscribers and still make a profit.

If you like this idea, please say as much.

Do this for my friendS who subscribe, Devs, AND I GIVE YOU MY WORD AS A KDF WARRIOR THAT I WILL PURCHASE A 3 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (I will have to wait on the lifetime until another 6 months or so)=)

Sargon
Considering that they considering the monthly stipend to be sufficent 'reward' this isn't going to happen.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 730
# 3
09-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Cryptic has said many times that lock box ships are only introduced because those ships are intended to be rare and CBS would only authorize them to be added to the game if they were restricted in that way.

While having ships in the Lobi store (along with a guaranteed minimum number of Lobi crystals per lock box) makes this seem more doubtful, that's their official word on the matter.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34
# 4
09-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Cryptic has said many times that lock box ships are only introduced because those ships are intended to be rare and CBS would only authorize them to be added to the game if they were restricted in that way.

While having ships in the Lobi store (along with a guaranteed minimum number of Lobi crystals per lock box) makes this seem more doubtful, that's their official word on the matter.

Then I say jack up the price on the ship, 5000 Zen, and only be on the store for maybe a month. Or the first week the box is released, or heck, the last 3 days the box will be available.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 730
# 5
09-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggmann88 View Post
Then I say jack up the price on the ship, 5000 Zen, and only be on the store for maybe a month. Or the first week the box is released, or heck, the last 3 days the box will be available.
There's also the matter of them being character-bound instead of account-bound (again, to limit their numbers). While having only a limited window in the C-Store is interesting (or perhaps only allow them to sell X number of a particular ship in total?), I don't see CBS or Cryptic budging much.

For 5000 zen ($50) that's at least close to the exchange price of the ships (you can buy items on C-Store like doff packs, fleet modules, or keys and put them on exchange for energy credits, then use said EC to buy the special requisition pack with the lock box ship).
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 6
09-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Just give the people who religiously fund the game come rain or shine some love, i agree this is what the c-store is for, why are wethe subscriber being subjected to lock boxes, it should be in the the c-store for a reasonable price
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 7
09-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Cryptic has said many times that lock box ships are only introduced because those ships are intended to be rare and CBS would only authorize them to be added to the game if they were restricted in that way.

While having ships in the Lobi store (along with a guaranteed minimum number of Lobi crystals per lock box) makes this seem more doubtful, that's their official word on the matter.
Thank you for bringing this perspective. I did not realize that this was the case. Did you hear this in an interview? Thanks again.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 8
09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Cryptic has said many times that lock box ships are only introduced because those ships are intended to be rare and CBS would only authorize them to be added to the game if they were restricted in that way.

While having ships in the Lobi store (along with a guaranteed minimum number of Lobi crystals per lock box) makes this seem more doubtful, that's their official word on the matter.
Rare? Ha! I almost can't go into a PvP match/zone without seeing a lockbox ship, and it'll definitely be that way once these ships come out and the D'kora and Galor have had their second run.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,872
# 9
09-26-2012, 09:41 AM
As much as I would like this (god knows I want a orb weaver badly and have the luck of a gambler who is over their head in debt) but they won't do it. The lock boxes are a cash cow...as long as there are people who will keep buying keys with real money...and plenty of it. There is no reason they would want to give it up.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 10
09-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggmann88 View Post
Then I say jack up the price on the ship, 5000 Zen, and only be on the store for maybe a month.
You understand that 5000 zen would be lowering the price on the ship, and the revenue they generate?

I would imagine they make something a long the lines of 200 hundred to 250 dollars ave per lockbox/lobi ship.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 PM.